Advanced

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Changed By: Hügh
Change Date: October 13, 2023 01:41AM

Re: Requesting a checker for GCAEV95
(Deleted my first post, since this supersedes it.)

Here's an initial attempt:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/81762

Some notes:

- The checker for GC98CP4 computes from today's date to the hidden date, not the visit date to the hidden date. That's why you're seeing a massive discrepancy.
- The checker system doesn't have detailed data on Lab caches, and no data at all on benchmarks, so those have to be excluded. It is easier for me to program an allow-list rather than a deny-list, so here is the current allow-list for the checker.

[code]
"Traditional Cache", "Multi-cache", "Unknown Cache", "Letterbox Hybrid", "Wherigo Cache", "Virtual Cache", "Earthcache", "Webcam Cache", "Project APE Cache", "Groundspeak HQ", "Locationless (Reverse) Cache"
[/code]

Perhaps the Locationless cache type should be excluded? Up to you.
- It will require support from the scriptwriter to exclude BMAFMJR. I have messaged them about this in the past, but it appears it has not been implemented yet. I will poke them.
- I - [s]I believe that the Project-GC system provides checkers with the initial visit date, which aligns with your request. It is however possible that the Project-GC system only provides the most recent visit date, in which case I would be forced to use the most recent visit date.
[/s] EDIT: The system counts duplicate finds twice. There's an option to disable this, but it will require support from the scriptwriter again.
- I will have to see if it is possible to exclude finds on own caches. I think it is possible but I am not sure if this script has the necessary accommodations. (As a "PS": you may want to reconsider this, since it will penalize those who adopt hides.)
- Negative-aged finds are set to zero, which should be sufficient for you.

Original Message

Author: Hügh
Date: October 12, 2023 10:25PM

Re: Requesting a checker for GCAEV95
(Deleted my first post, since this supersedes it.)

Here's an initial attempt:

https://project-gc.com/Challenges/81762

Some notes:

- The checker for GC98CP4 computes from today's date to the hidden date, not the visit date to the hidden date. That's why you're seeing a massive discrepancy.
- The checker system doesn't have detailed data on Lab caches, and no data at all on benchmarks, so those have to be excluded. It is easier for me to program an allow-list rather than a deny-list, so here is the current allow-list for the checker.

[code]
"Traditional Cache", "Multi-cache", "Unknown Cache", "Letterbox Hybrid", "Wherigo Cache", "Virtual Cache", "Earthcache", "Webcam Cache", "Project APE Cache", "Groundspeak HQ", "Locationless (Reverse) Cache"
[/code]

Perhaps the Locationless cache type should be excluded? Up to you.
- It will require support from the scriptwriter to exclude BMAFMJR. I have messaged them about this in the past, but it appears it has not been implemented yet. I will poke them.
- I believe that the Project-GC system provides checkers with the initial visit date, which aligns with your request. It is however possible that the Project-GC system only provides the most recent visit date, in which case I would be forced to use the most recent visit date.
- I will have to see if it is possible to exclude finds on own caches. I think it is possible but I am not sure if this script has the necessary accommodations. (As a "PS": you may want to reconsider this, since it will penalize those who adopt hides.)
- Negative-aged finds are set to zero, which should be sufficient for you.