Advanced

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Changed By: Hügh
Change Date: October 19, 2023 08:48PM

Re: Requesting a checker for GCAEV95
Yes, that link should work. What matters is that the GC# (and cache name, once published) are displayed on the checker page.

Regarding the non-integer age, two words: daylight savings. The system calculates the age by computing the time elapsed from noon on the hidden date to noon on the visit date. I believe it applies European daylight savings, but I am not certain. I'll round each cache age to the nearest date integer number which should be good enough.
Changed By: Hügh
Change Date: October 19, 2023 08:47PM

Yes, that link should work. What matters is that the GC# (and cache name, once published) are displayed on the checker page.

Regarding the non-integer age, two words: daylight savings. The system calculates the age by computing the time elapsed from noon on the hidden date to noon on the visit date. I believe it applies European daylight savings, but I am not certain. I'll round to the nearest date which should be good enough.

Original Message

Author: Hügh
Date: October 19, 2023 08:43PM

Regarding the non-integer age, two words: daylight savings. The system calculates the age by computing the time elapsed from noon on the hidden date to noon on the visit date. I believe it applies European daylight savings, but I am not certain.