Advanced

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Changed By: AnnaMoritz
Change Date: April 27, 2017 11:25PM

Re: GC74HBP tags for Complicated Fizzy Bin Checker
The new helpful hints for geocachers that can't fill the grid seems to give output for different numbers of tested groups depending on where the problem occurs. Sometimes it goes till step 45/81, in other cases up to 81/81.

They show the problem in an easy to understand way for certain cases.

example 1
Some grouping of caches did not have enough distinct D/T for the types.
Find more unique D/T bins in the following cache type groups.
[color=#CC0000]Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 36 unique D/T squares and does not.[/color]
[color=#3300FF]Letterbox Hybrid Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 45 unique D/T squares and does not.[/color]

For the red part one can assume, if the problem starts here, at least groups Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache have passed the test (the new group seems to be added to the left) and the problem is either (didn't look at the code) Event doesn't have 9 D/T or if yes, there is no valid solution to fill 36 squares with 9 Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache each. If this step doesn't succed, teh following blue steps that adds another group also can't succed.

example 2 (I know this cacher has found only 3 Virtual Caches but the remaining D/T grid is well-filled so it doesn'T seem unlikely that finding the needed 6 Virtual Caches with the missing D/T and taking that squares away from being available to other cache types would let him succeed then)
For the red part one can assume, if the problem starts here, at least groups Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache have passed the test (the new group seems to be added to the left) and the problem is either (didn't look at the code) Event doesn't have 9 D/T or if yes, there is no valid solution to fill 36 squares with 9 Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache each. If this step doesn't succed, the following blue step that adds another group also can't succed.

example 2 (I know this cacher has found only 3 Virtual Caches but the remaining D/T grid is well-filled so it doesn't seem unlikely that finding the needed 6 Virtual Caches with the missing D/T and taking that squares away from being available to other cache types would let him succeed then)

Virtual Cache set needs to have 9 unique D/T squares and does not.
[color=#3300FF]Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache set needs to have 18 unique D/T squares and does not.
Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 27 unique D/T squares and does not.
Letterbox Hybrid Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 36 unique D/T squares and does not.
Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 36 unique D/T squares and does not.
Letterbox Hybrid Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 45 unique D/T squares and does not.[/color]

All the blue statements are true, but that has to be because alread y the first step failed.

I was wondering how help the cachers that don't qualify with some simple hints for quite a while because to some geocachers it might not be obvious how to proceed.

I was thinking along these lines for possible explanations (sorry for the bad screenshot):

[img]http://up.picr.de/29035654vf.jpg[/img]

and

[img]http://up.picr.de/29035655hj.jpg[/img]

1+2 are steps that precede the information you provide that let's say for combining group A+B+C there is no valid solution which would be 3 in the picture where the step is only briefly hinted at. Step 4 was helpful for me to find easily a valid solution without a program and I would hope it would also help to find what cache type and D/T can/should be added where if some D/Ts are missing.
Change Date: April 27, 2017 11:21PM

The new helpful hints for geocachers that can't fill the grid seems to give output for different numbers of tested groups depending on where the problem occurs. Sometimes it goes till step 45/81, in other cases up to 81/81.

They show the problem in a an easy to understand way for certain cases.

example 1
[color=#CC0000]Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 36 unique D/T squares and does not.[/color]
[color=#3300FF]Letterbox Hybrid Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 45 unique D/T squares and does not.[/color]

For the red part one can assume, if the problem starts here, at least groups Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache have passed the test (the new group seems to be added to the left) and the problem is either (didn't look at the code) Event doesn't have 9 D/T or if yes, there is no valid solution to fill 36 squares with 9 Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache each. If this step doesn't succed, teh following blue steps that adds another group also can't succed.

example 2 (I know this cacher has found only 3 Virtual Caches but the remaining D/T grid is well-filled so it doesn'T seem unlikely that finding the needed 6 Virtual Caches with the missing D/T and taking that squares away from being available to other cache types would let him succeed then)

[color=#3300FF]Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache set needs to have 18 unique D/T squares and does not.
Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 27 unique D/T squares and does not.
Letterbox Hybrid Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 36 unique D/T squares and does not.
Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 36 unique D/T squares and does not.
Letterbox Hybrid Event Wherigo Cache Virtual Cache Earthcache set needs to have 45 unique D/T squares and does not.[/color]

All the blue statements are true, but that has to be because alread the first step failed.

I was wondering how help the cachers that don't qualify with some simple hints for quite a while because to some geocachers it might not be obvious how to proceed.

I was thinking along these lines for possible explanations (sorry for the bad screenshot):

and

1+2 are steps that precede the information you provide that let's say for combining group A+B+C there is no valid solution which would be 3 in the picture where the step is only briefly hinted at. Step 4 was helpful for me to find easily a valid solution without a program and I would hope it would also help to find what cache type and D/T can/should be added where if some D/Ts are missing.
Change Date: April 27, 2017 11:20PM

The new helpful hints for geocachers that can't fill the grid seem s to give output for different numbers of tested groups depending on where the problem occurs. Sometimes it goes till step 45/81, in other cases up to 81/81.

They show the problem in a easy to understand way for certain cases.

example 1

All the blue statements are true, but that has to be because alread the first step failed.

and

Original Message

Author: AnnaMoritz
Date: April 27, 2017 11:19PM

The new helpful hints for geocachers that can't fill the grid seem to give output for different numbers of tested groups depending on where the problem occurs. Sometimes it goes till step 45/81, in other cases up to 81/81.

They show the problem in a easy to understand way for certain cases.

example 1

and