Advanced

Change History

Discuss your script development with others (bugs, optimizations, methods ...)

Changed By: magma1447
Change Date: January 11, 2018 10:40AM

Re: Most impressivMy trail / Cache challenge idea?in
I updated the script to a new version which is using considerably less memory than earlier version. I think that this version is good enough for real use. It is now capable to find the longest cache chain distance for Alamogul in 15 seconds. (Over 700km long and 78794 caches) and it is now using Vincenty for the final result.

Today I got only few error codes. After a long run I got
Unknown error (script error 5, 5a554e833cb6e4.33027560)
Then I changed to another profile name and immediatelly got the same error!
Then tried again and it worked with the other username with less finds.

Earlier today I got constantly good results when testing Alamogul but then it started to give these errors and now I get only red "Error" sign and no number or error codes at all. All field are empty.

I started to play with configurable time-out settings and there may be something. At first, when I used default 28 sec time-out value, the script gave only this red Error sign. When I adjusted time-out shorter, the script exits earlier and I found that the script thinks that it used only 15 seconds but on screen there is "Script executed in 29 seconds. Peak memory usage: 329,472 kB". I think that the time-out in my script is not working properly. Earlier I saw it trying to find the shortest route up to 29 seconds and doing a controllled exit but now it crash with 28 second setting.

Now I tried to set it to 20 seconds and it did not crash.
Area scan ready 15.21993s
The time limit has been reached!
Final 20.212645s
Script executed in 23 seconds. Peak memory usage: 329,472 kB

When trying again I managed to get results with 28 second timeout again.
Area scan ready 15.771814s
Final 28.364944s
Script executed in 29 seconds. Peak memory usage: 329,472 kB

It seems that when the sandbox time-out, then there is only the red Error sign and nothing else. And for some reason, sometimes it time-out too early after 20 seconds according to the OsClock.

Original Message

Author: arisoft
Date: January 10, 2018 01:49AM

Re: Most impressive challenge idea?
I updated the script to a new version which is using considerably less memory than earlier version. I think that this version is good enough for real use. It is now capable to find the longest cache chain distance for Alamogul in 15 seconds. (Over 700km long and 78794 caches) and it is now using Vincenty for the final result.

Today I got only few error codes. After a long run I got
Unknown error (script error 5, 5a554e833cb6e4.33027560)
Then I changed to another profile name and immediatelly got the same error!
Then tried again and it worked with the other username with less finds.

Earlier today I got constantly good results when testing Alamogul but then it started to give these errors and now I get only red "Error" sign and no number or error codes at all. All field are empty.

I started to play with configurable time-out settings and there may be something. At first, when I used default 28 sec time-out value, the script gave only this red Error sign. When I adjusted time-out shorter, the script exits earlier and I found that the script thinks that it used only 15 seconds but on screen there is "Script executed in 29 seconds. Peak memory usage: 329,472 kB". I think that the time-out in my script is not working properly. Earlier I saw it trying to find the shortest route up to 29 seconds and doing a controllled exit but now it crash with 28 second setting.

Now I tried to set it to 20 seconds and it did not crash.
Area scan ready 15.21993s
Final 20.212645s
Script executed in 23 seconds. Peak memory usage: 329,472 kB

When trying again I managed to get results with 28 second timeout again.
Area scan ready 15.771814s
Final 28.364944s
Script executed in 29 seconds. Peak memory usage: 329,472 kB

It seems that when the sandbox time-out, then there is only the red Error sign and nothing else. And for some reason, sometimes it time-out too early after 20 seconds according to the OsClock.