Advanced

Change History

Discuss your script development with others (bugs, optimizations, methods ...)

Changed By: the Seagnoid
Change Date: July 24, 2016 08:46PM

Always add fFilter, ExcludedTypes to script!
I had a request to modify one of my scripts, to limit it to specific sizes. The easiest way is to add the "Filter" parameter in the tag, allowing to filter on sizes, terrains, difficulty, etc. At that point even though I can't see any reason why anyone would want to use it, I am now adding filter to all of my checkers, and also excluded types. A side benefit is that country is now handled in the filter, so can be removed as such from the checker (edit tags to suit).

Unless the checker is written to handle one very specific challenge, I recommend that all checkers have Filter included, and, just to make it easier, also add ExcludedTypes. Even if none of the challenges you will be tagging require them.

And while I am there, I am also going through my checkers and removing any HTML in the copy and paste output.

Original Message

Author: the Seagnoid
Date: July 24, 2016 08:45PM

Always add filter, ExcludedTypes to script!
I had a request to modify one of my scripts, to limit it to specific sizes. The easiest way is to add the "Filter" parameter in the tag, allowing to filter on sizes, terrains, difficulty, etc. At that point even though I can't see any reason why anyone would want to use it, I am now adding filter to all of my checkers, and also excluded types. A side benefit is that country is now handled in the filter, so can be removed as such from the checker (edit tags to suit).

Unless the checker is written to handle one very specific challenge, I recommend that all checkers have Filter included, and, just to make it easier, also add ExcludedTypes. Even if none of the challenges you will be tagging require them.

And while I am there, I am also going through my checkers and removing any HTML in the copy and paste output.