Advanced

Change History

Discuss your script development with others (bugs, optimizations, methods ...)

Changed By: magma1447
Change Date: February 16, 2017 09:27PM

Souvenir grouping
I am looking into a semi-official way of grouping Souvenirs. Unofficial in the way that it's not Geocaching HQ that will group them. Official in the way that Project-GC will handle it (or Pinkunicorn most likely will do the work to be more exact).

He already does this by updating a checker script. I would like the information stored in Project-GC instead, and include the group name when asking for a user's Souvenirs.

The categories that are used today are:
[list]
[*] Countries
[*] Regions/states
[*] Unique events - Souvenirs you receive when attending a mega/giga.
[*] Event related - Souvenirs you receive by attending an event at specific dates specified by Geocaching HQ. CITO weekend for example, .
[*] Specific days - Souvenirs you receive f
or logging something on a specific date. For example on leap day.
or the 11-11-11.
[*] Others - Anything that doesn't fit the other categories.
[/list]

This far the idea is that one souvenir can only belong to one group.

Anyone having any input on the list? Any known Challenges requiring some other grouping? Suggestions?

Original Message

Author: magma1447
Date: February 16, 2017 09:21PM

Souvenir grouping
I am looking into a semi-official way of grouping Souvenirs. Unofficial in the way that it's not Geocaching HQ that will group them. Official in the way that Project-GC will handle it (or Pinkunicorn most likely will do the work to be more exact).

He already does this by updating a checker script. I would like the information stored in Project-GC instead, and include the group name when asking for a user's Souvenirs.

The categories that are used today are:
[list]
[*] Countries
[*] Regions/states
[*] Unique events - Souvenirs you receive when attending a mega/giga.
[*] Event related - Souvenirs you receive by attending an event at specific dates specified by Geocaching HQ. CITO weekend for example, or leap day.
[*] Others - Anything that doesn't fit the other categories.
[/list]

This far the idea is that one souvenir can only belong to one group.

Anyone having any input on the list? Any known Challenges requiring some other grouping? Suggestions?