Advanced

Change History

New api methods will be announced here. Changes in our data that is relevant to checkers scripts/tags will also be announced here.

Changed By: magma1447
Change Date: June 28, 2019 10:01AM

Re: Broken scripts due to bad filtering
It definitely wasn't clear, but I reverted it for some methods, not all. I reverted it for methods where it was likely that the script itself could handle the potential issues regarding not asking for a country, though I am afraid that in several cases it's actually scripts which are faulty implemented/buggy. In other words, this particular script has probably been broken for a few weeks now.
, and always buggy for some tags.

The reason to why the requirement for country was added is stated above. Method GetOldestCaches can not give a correct result if a country isn't given. This is why I asked where the script fails, and if there is a case that I am missing, but it seems to me that it's a faulty implementation.

I have now confirmed that it is method GetOldestCaches that breaks the script you mention. It's asking for the oldest geocaches in a bunch of regions, without the country parameter. This is as far as I can imagine a bug, which results in wrong results, and therefore a broken challenge checker.

For this to work, the script needs to be patched/updated to handle country correctly. It can either be this script, or a fork of it. If it's a fork I can move the tags to the new script. I happen to know that sloth96 (the author of this script) is away traveling/geocaching outside his home country.

The alternative is to convince me that I am wrong, by explaining a case where it is correct to ask this method for oldest geocaches without a country, but I currently don't believe such case exists.

Original Message

Author: magma1447
Date: June 28, 2019 10:00AM

Re: Broken scripts due to bad filtering
It definitely wasn't clear, but I reverted it for some methods, not all. I reverted it for methods where it was likely that the script itself could handle the potential issues regarding not asking for a country, though I am afraid that in several cases it's actually scripts which are faulty implemented/buggy. In other words, this particular script has probably been broken for a few weeks now.

The reason to why the requirement for country was added is stated above. Method GetOldestCaches can not give a correct result if a country isn't given. This is why I asked where the script fails, and if there is a case that I am missing, but it seems to me that it's a faulty implementation.

I have now confirmed that it is method GetOldestCaches that breaks the script you mention. It's asking for the oldest geocaches in a bunch of regions, without the country parameter. This is as far as I can imagine a bug, which results in wrong results, and therefore a broken challenge checker.

For this to work, the script needs to be patched/updated to handle country correctly. It can either be this script, or a fork of it. If it's a fork I can move the tags to the new script. I happen to know that sloth96 (the author of this script) is away traveling/geocaching outside his home country.

The alternative is to convince me that I am wrong, by explaining a case where it is correct to ask this method for oldest geocaches without a country, but I currently don't believe such case exists.