Advanced

[Cancelled] Latitude N 40

[Cancelled] Latitude N 40
August 04, 2017 11:01PM
I need a checker for GC7A0GZ N40 Challenge

The challenge is to find each of the 5 confluence caches in Utah along the N40 latitude (ie N40, W110; N40, W111; N40,W112; N40, W113;, and N40, W114). It is the only latitude in Utah that has a cache placed at each confluence.

I have completed this challenge. At confluence N40, W112 besides the cache with that name, there is also a challenge cache (totally unrelated) with the exact same coordinates. Hope that doesn't muddy the waters.

Thanks for your help.
Re: Latitude N 40
August 04, 2017 11:27PM
I'm sorry but checkers based on latitude/longitude are not acceptable under the current guidelines

Please read 2.9. Challenge caches

10. Source of Criteria
Acceptable
Challenge cache criteria may be based upon these geographic areas: countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent).
Not Acceptable
Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). For example, user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc. (updated Aug 2016)
August 05, 2017 04:16PM
I have sent a request to GC.com to review this. There is a lot of interest among cachers to find confluence caches. It is always fun to see XX 00.000, YYY 00.000 on your GPS. I believe a challenge that makes ordinary caches into target caches for a large number of cachers should be allowed as challenges. I am awaiting a reply from GC.com.
August 08, 2017 12:55AM
Received a response from GC headquarters. They said they would not grant an exception. So this challenge is dead. You can close out this thread. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login