Advanced

[Cancelled] GC7A5H8 First cache by Country

[Cancelled] GC7A5H8 First cache by Country
August 07, 2017 08:28AM
Hi all

Could somebody please create a checker for me?

The Challenge is: First cache by country, 4 unique types.

It does not matter how many countries you've cached in, or how many caches you've found in them.

Geogreetings Dane42
Re: GC7A5H8 First cache by Country
August 07, 2017 06:57PM
I have asked sloth96 to have a look at this request because one of his script might be suiteble when modified
August 07, 2017 07:03PM
Thank you. That was Nice of you.
August 07, 2017 07:05PM
Howdy

Im trying to understand hiw this fits with oldest in n countries. Can you please provide some examples of what qualifies or your qualifications?

My interpretation is it has to be the oldest in a country and there have to be 4 different types of these. Or do you mean the oldest of each type in a country? Do countries have to be unique or not?

Most countries the oldest cache is a traditional so this could be a tough challenge.

Thanks.
August 07, 2017 07:39PM
Hi

Yes, I'll explain. It's when you go abroad and find your first geocache in a new country. It is that first find in the new country that counts. Project-gc provides that stastic under "Milestones" see picture.

It does not matter when the geocache was published. I hope I have made things more clear.

Dane42
August 07, 2017 08:04PM
Have you checked with a reviewer on that? It would create an incentive to not find caches of a certain type when you first enter a country.
August 07, 2017 08:21PM
No I haven't. Never Saw it like that because it is only the first cache in that country. The Challenge allows any and all finds in every country in my mind. Only to be specific about your first find. But I'll check of course and post the reply.
August 07, 2017 10:47PM
The way the challenge is set up a reviewer will have difficulties with this. It precludes people from finding caches at there own pace. You are forcing people to have, as there first find in a country, a different type. This is seen as negative caching which is not acceptable under the new listing guidelines
August 07, 2017 10:52PM
In that case I'm sorry that I have troubled you for nothing.

No checker needed then.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login