Advanced

[Cancelled] GC7EMTR - CA Historical Landmark Challenge: Ventura County

[Cancelled] GC7EMTR - CA Historical Landmark Challenge: Ventura County
December 25, 2017 06:41AM
https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC7EMTR_ca-historical-landmark-challenge-ventura-county?guid=f159bfb6-0845-4a7a-b4f2-b45b76c1c3a4

This cache is almost identical to GC4QNA6. The goal is to find one cache in a predetermined radius around each CA Historical Landmark in Ventura County, CA.

The checker would be similar to the one found in https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4R94P_the-summit-challenge?guid=cd477822-2f62-47fb-af1a-0307209c6412

Just need one find near each landmark.

This is my first time submitting a challenge cache ever, let alone in this forum, so my apologies in advance if the format in requesting this is not quite what it should be.

I have not completed my own challenge yet, but it would be very easy for me to do so.
Re: GC7EMTR - CA Historical Landmark Challenge: Ventura County
December 25, 2017 11:32AM
I'm sorry but challenges based on polygons or GCcodes are no longer allowed under the current guidelines

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria

Not acceptable
These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.
Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). For example, user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc. (updated Aug 2016)
December 26, 2017 07:47AM
Ah yes, I failed to bring this up myself.

I noticed this part of the new challenge guidelines when creating the cache page, so I emailed a good reviewer friend of mine over a month ago and he did not see any issue with the cache. I did not receive any comments from other reviewers he asked. Is this information irrelevant to you?

Quoting from seismic quark, my local reviewer friend:

"I've passed your request on to the other SoCal reviewers for their comments - reading the challenge rules and stuff, it sounds acceptable, but I'll wait for some feedback.

You need to have a checker for it to be published, so consider how to create one."

The initial geographic "layer" of this challenge, Ventura COUNTY, is ok, but I know the radius I have put is where it gets fuzzy. At the very least, is it still possible to create a checker similar to GC4R94P anyway? I totally understand if that is outside your scope. Even if my cache were to be denied by a reviewer, I would likely change it to a traditional cache and make it an "UnChallenge" as we call it in California, though I doubt you create checkers for traditional caches...
December 26, 2017 11:00AM
Challenge checker will be automatically disabled if the cache is publiched as a traditional cache. It is possible to use a separate tool, which is not a checker at all, but you can not mix them this way.
January 08, 2018 03:46PM
This thread has not received any further responce from the requester any more and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login