Advanced

[Cancelled] New Challenge checker

[Cancelled] New Challenge checker
January 29, 2018 05:46PM
Hello

I am trying to make a new challenge...going to call it 11 shades of green . The challenge will be to get a min of 11 caches a day for 1 month. This will change the shade of green on your daily chart at geocaching. Is this possible to make? And can it be made for me

Thanks

Tracy
Re: New Challenge checker
January 29, 2018 05:54PM
If your challenge is based on visitdates then a challenge like this is not allowed
The guidelines state " Not acceptable
Requiring more than one find on any day or calendar date, even if cumulative. Example, find 5 caches for every date of the Finds for Each Day of the Year grid. (added Jan 2018)

If it is based on hidden dates the challenge is acceptable and a checker can be made

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2018 05:55PM by vogelbird. (view changes)
January 29, 2018 06:38PM
Ahhh. I didn't realize that was a art of the new rules. can I make a challenge checker for a specified number of a certain attribute? Like getting 100 tree climb attributes?
January 29, 2018 06:41PM
Yes you can , just give us a GCcode to attach to the checker
January 29, 2018 07:22PM
Wonderful...what about country challenges. Can we make a challenge to complete 4 different types of caches in 4 countries? I am heading to Europe and had seen some cool challenges...prior to the challenge checkers. this was one of them. Is ti allowed and can we make a checker for it? or
10 earthcaches in 10 countries.
even better 10 challenges in 10 countries, as in 1 challenge cache per country.

Thank you so much vogelbird for all your help!!!

Tracy
January 29, 2018 07:40PM
Yes this can be made apart from 10 challenges in 10 countries, as in 1 challenge cache per country. because a challenge is not a cache type at Geocaching.com and only recognised cache types can be used.
Challenges caches are part of the mystery cache so you can only specify the whole type "Ünknown Cache"
January 29, 2018 07:43PM
so even though you have that awesome challenge tab in statistics, that yields the the challenges including the location, this can't be done....you cant do challenges with a word in the title anymore, can you? so for example if you said 10 unknown caches with the word challenge in the title.
January 29, 2018 07:46PM
The guidelines state: Not acceptable
These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.
February 15, 2018 06:12PM
This thread has not received any further responce from the requester any more and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login