Advanced

[Cancelled] Checker Request - is this even possible? # of finds based on month, weekday, and date for cache's date placed/hidden

Hi there - This is my first time wanting to create a challenge cache and I'm not sure if it's viable or not. So before I get too far down the rabbit hole, I just wanted to make sure it's possible to create a checker for it first (since it's now a requirement to have a checker in place before publishing). Hopefully I can explain what I'm trying to accomplish and someone out there can tell me it's possible to do this or not before I waste too much time.

The challenge I want to create requires the finding of 50 different caches. To meet the requirements of the challenge, those 50 caches have to meet certain criteria based on the cache's date hidden/placed. 31 of the caches have to placed on different days of the month (1 thru 31), 7 more for each day of the week (Sun to Sat), and finally 12 more for all the months of the year (Jan - Dec). So in total, you have to find 31 + 7 + 12 = 50 different caches. Does that make sense?

However here's the gotcha that I'm not sure is possible or not when it comes to programming a checker - you can not re-use the same cache to meet multiple criteria. e.g. A cache placed on Feb 25, 2018 can only be used "once" for the challenge - either for the 25th, Sunday, or February. Is it possible to write a checker that can run through the list of cacher's found caches and 'stop' a cache from being used more than once in a challenge? My other worry is that there may be some caches that are better suited for one of the criteria (date, weekday, month) but the checker uses it for one of the other criteria instead. It's almost like the checkers needs some intelligence or logic to it or is there a way for the checker to run multiple times to brute force the best potential scenario?

I may want to restrict the challenge to certain cache types too but I suspect this is easy to do, compared to the other issues. ;-)

I tried searching for similar 'date hidden' challenges but they are mainly Jasmer ones. So far I haven't come across anything like this before.

Please let me know if you need more information. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Yes,it is possible to make the checker. Please give us a GCcode to attach to the checker.
That's great news! Thank you for the quick reply as well.

I actually have not completed this challenge myself yet so I'm not ready to publish it yet. I need to focus on finishing it first now; I just wanted to make sure the checker was possible first in case I needed to change my challenge.

Please feel free to flag this request as "pending" or whatever status is appropriate or close this thread until I'm ready to publish.

Again, thank you for your help.
This thread will be clased, please make a new request when you are ready to publish
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login