Advanced

[Cancelled] Checker needed for GC7KFP1 - Ghostbusters Challenge

[Cancelled] Checker needed for GC7KFP1 - Ghostbusters Challenge
March 13, 2018 03:22AM
Hello developers. I would like to request a challenge checker for GC7KFP!, Ghostbusters Challenge. The challenge consists of finding a virtual geocache a day for seven consecutive days.

I have spoken to my local reviewer, Nomex, and he agrees that this challenge complies with the rules for challenge geocaches. This is my first challenge cache under the new rules, so please let me know if anything else is needed.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Checker needed for GC7KFP1 - Ghostbusters Challenge
March 13, 2018 05:13AM
I'm not sure your reviewer knows the guidelines - this is explicitly disallowed by guideline 9:

Not acceptable:
Specifying any element of a cache page (type, rating, etc.) or find count (above one per day) required during a streak.
March 13, 2018 06:31AM
So, just so I understand, challenge caches that ask for traditional caches, other challenge caches, puzzle caches, or any specific type aren’t allowed? I’m not being fascetious, I just find it odd that in order to meet a lot of current challenges you have to go with a specific type yet you’re not allowed to specify a type?
March 13, 2018 06:34AM
I also see a hat a checker was just created for a 40 CITO challenge. Wouldn’t that be against the same guideline 9?
March 13, 2018 06:51AM
7 days in a row is seen as a streak and in a streak you are not allowed to specify the type according to guideline 9.
March 13, 2018 06:57AM
So I can say seven straight virtuals, but I can’t say seven days? I’m trying to understand because it seems very confusing.
March 13, 2018 07:02AM
You could say seven virtuals, you could say seven consecutive days, but you can't say virtuals on seven consecutive days.
March 13, 2018 07:31AM
Ok. Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately that would make for a very lame challenge and it’s not worth the effort. I’ll archive the cache page in question.

Thanks again.
March 13, 2018 05:31PM
Ok, one last question. Can I make it a “log-less” streak challenge? I ended up with 42 straight days of getting either a virtual or an Earthcache over 39 days. The challenge would be to go, say 31 days getting geocaches in which the location is the container and there’s no physical log to sign. That way I’m not specifically limiting it to a type. I’d have to re-do the page and rename the challenge, but is this doable?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login