Advanced

[Awaiting feedback] Ideas for some Challenges

[Awaiting feedback] Ideas for some Challenges
February 13, 2023 09:58PM
Hello together,

sorry for my bad English.

One Question: Can I here check some Checker for my Challenge-Ideas without a GC-Code?

Thank you for your answers.

Greetings from Germany

Ronald
Re: Ideas for some Challenges
February 14, 2023 12:10AM
If you want Challenge Checkers made without a GC code, we can technically do that. Just let us know the challenge, and we will help you.

If all you want is for us to "review" challenges for you, sure, although your local Reviewer Team is better suited for that.
February 14, 2023 01:07AM
Hello,

very nice for your Help.

My first Ideas are:

- found and logged 1000 Challenges

- found and logged 100 Virtuals, from before the Rewards, I think before 2010 is enough.

- A Challenge like GC9TARV, only with 10 types

- a Challenge like Ironman with 111 Attributs swimming, 6666 cycling and 555 long walk.

- a challenge with 30 confluenz points

- a sum with multiplication from >5,5 with the average from terrain and difficulty, like GC3XDT0

- like GC79FPT with ALL nine segments and a show, wich types are missing to fullfill

I hope you understand me and many thanks in forward.

Greetings Ronald
February 14, 2023 01:54AM
RonaldZey
- found and logged 1000 Challenges
- A Challenge like GC9TARV, only with 10 types
- a Challenge like Ironman with 111 Attributs swimming, 6666 cycling and 555 long walk.
The ones above look ok.

RonaldZey
- a challenge with 30 confluenz points
Could you explain what you mean by "confluenz points"?

RonaldZey
- like GC79FPT with ALL nine segments and a show, wich types are missing to fullfill
This one is doable with one exception - showing missing types may not be possible. For example, you may have a few completely different sets of caches which result in missing just one type in a segment. The more different types per DT you have and the more types are actually missing the more possible sets could exist resulting in hundreds or even more possible equally-optimal combinations.

RonaldZey
-a sum with multiplication from >5,5 with the average from terrain and difficulty, like GC3XDT0
This one is against the challenge rules as it punishes finding caches with low D or T.
14. Positive Challenge Criteria
Not finding caches: design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches.

RonaldZey
- found and logged 100 Virtuals, from before the Rewards, I think before 2010 is enough.
This one goes against the following rule:
10. Source of Criteria
Restricting finds to caches published prior to a particular date.
February 14, 2023 03:07AM
Svarträv
Could you explain what you mean by "confluenz points"?

They mean "confluence points". These are based on latitude/longitude, and thus are not permitted.

Svarträv
This one goes against the following rule:

10. Source of Criteria
Restricting finds to caches published prior to a particular date.

If they mean "hidden date" and not "published date", then this is permitted. However, it is a grey area; I find that it depends on the publishing Reviewer. (Consider that Jasmer challenges, based on hidden date, are usually publishable.)
February 18, 2023 09:43PM
Many thanks for your work.

Then I create a Listing for the Caches and send your their Code.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login