Advanced

[Cancelled] Lonely caches and geography checker

[Cancelled] Lonely caches and geography checker
March 17, 2023 01:43AM
Hi

I am looking for a variation on the below checker please.
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC57Z2N/49344

I would like to also add three additional criteria.
- at least one lonely cache find in at least two different continents (listed all qualifying continents in the ouput please)
Or
- at least one lonely cache finds in at least three different countries (listed all qualifying countries in the ouput please)
Or
- at least one lonely cache find in at least five different regions (list all qualifying regions in the ouput please).

We travel a lot and qualify for all of these but I have initially suggested OR rather than AND as we will need to identify local qualifiers to get it published.
Once the checker is done I will run some other local names through it and maybe modify the above criteria to fit the requirements for local qualifiers.

I do not have a GC code yet. I can grab one if needed.

Happy to discuss

Thanks
Bill/Brad
Re: Lonely caches and geography checker
March 17, 2023 04:07AM
Unfortunately, this challenge is not publishable under the current Challenge Cache Guidelines:

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 14: Positive Challenge Criteria

NOT ACCEPTABLE
Competition rather than achievement. Examples: challenges based on "First to Finds" or lonely caches are competitions.
Re: Lonely caches and geography checker
March 17, 2023 09:53AM
Thank you Hügh,

That inclusion of lonely caches in that restriction is new since I last looked.

I do know there are difficulties in coding for loneliness in Project GC esp with caches hidden in the early 2000s. There was a discussion about that in these fora in the last year or so. It was not resolved / resolvable.

I understand the competitive nature of FTFs but would have thought loneliness is a characteristic like attribute or DT etc.

Of course It can occur more than once for any given cache unlike FTF, but it is certainly a transient characteristic in the same way a cache being available for an FTF is.

Regardless of any of this, clearly I don’t make the rules :)

Apologies for not having noticed the changed rule before submitting the request. I am not usually keen to waste someone else’s time.

Thanks again.

B
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login