Advanced

[Cancelled] request checker calculate Eddington Number

[Cancelled] request checker calculate Eddington Number
February 28, 2024 07:47AM
The Eddington Number is a way of measuring your caching found progress . It is the largest number of found caches on the same number of days. The days do not need to be consecutive. If you find five caches a day for five days, you will have an Eddington Number of five.

I would like to request a checker that calculates if you meet a Eddington number.
For example: complete 1-5; 1-10 etc. Each upgoing challenge would get a higher difficulty rating.

Using Excel and a lot of pivot, I calculated that we (AMTS) meet the Eddington number of 21, missing 2 for the 22.

I have created GCAM6HF: Eddington Number #5 challenge, as a start for the series up to #20.

Would like to know if a checker for this challenge series (4) is possible.

Thanks in advance.
regards, Alex (AMTS)
Re: request checker calculate Eddington Number
February 28, 2024 11:06AM
I'm sorry but your challenge criteria is not allowed. Finding multicle caches is against the "Hiding guidelines - 2.12. Challenge caches"

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#timeLimited

Not Acceptable
Time-limited caching: as in some number of finds per day, week, month, or year. Examples: Busy Day, 50 finds in a day, 500 finds in a month, etc.
and
Requiring more than one find on any day or calendar date, even if cumulative.
Re: request checker calculate Eddington Number
February 28, 2024 03:05PM
ok, understood. Thanks.

might be a nice adding to the 'Tools in the checker system' :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login