Advanced

[Resolved] GC3TVEH

[Resolved] GC3TVEH
September 19, 2016 07:45PM
Grüß Euch gibt es hierfür auch einen Checker?
Re: GC3TVEH
September 19, 2016 08:10PM
The challenge conditions do not lend themselves to a simple tag, so I believe a new script would be required. This is likely to be low on most script-writers' priorities since the script would have limited usefulness given such challenges are no longer allowed.
June 11, 2018 12:01PM
Does anyone have a reference for acceptable country names?
June 11, 2018 12:20PM
June 13, 2018 10:45AM
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
May 29, 2021 02:02PM
This looks like a standard spelling cache with a rather unusual filter on finds.

The home country constraint is sometimes approximated as country with the most caches but that could cause problems for folks who cache mostly on holiday or have a home country with few caches.

It would be a likely one off.
December 14, 2022 10:20PM
It's only 6 years later :)
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC3TVEH/73597

Note that I've approximated the home country as the country with the most finds.

Also, it's CPU intensive to find the very long country names, unless you have a very large number of country finds. The script will timeout in 45 seconds and return its progress, although, there are many short country names, so it's likely that if you're checking the really long ones, you've already qualified with the shorter ones anyhow (or conversely, if you haven't, then you probably won't). Also, output is in German, although I just used Google Translate, so no idea if it makes sense or not, as I don't speak it.

Please test it out, and let us know.
December 15, 2022 04:05PM
The german country names are in the following link
https://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/countrynames_german.htm
December 15, 2022 04:31PM
@vogelbird - yes, I just cut and pasted them from that link. Are they incorrect? They're too big to be a tag, so they're in the script source. Since this is grandfathered, little chance this script would be reused.
December 15, 2022 04:37PM
Yes, they are correct
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login