Advanced

[Resolved] Checker for GC4D1XY is wrong

[Resolved] Checker for GC4D1XY is wrong
October 18, 2021 04:07AM
The checker for this is wrong. It should be looking for a total of 105 caches (30 + 25 + 20 + 15 + 10 + 5) for the six colors.
All the checker is doing is listing caches with those 6 colors in the title.
Re: Checker for GC4D1XY is wrong
October 18, 2021 10:21AM
There is no script for this challenge criteria that's why the tagger used an exiting script with the remark
CHECKER WILL RETURN ALL TITLES WITH THE FOLLOWING COLORS. YOU WILL NEED TO EDIT THE COUNT

So he only used the tag for assistance to identify the caches with the colors mentioned.

I will mark this request as a new script required, maybe a scriptwriter will spend time to make one. Only when this is the case I will disable the old tag
November 01, 2022 04:57AM
I've written a challenge checker for this challenge, which matches the specific criteria (eg. at least N counts of M words), instead of just listing all caches that pass the word check.

However, there is some ambiguity in the cache description. Is this a 'whole word' search for the color, or do partial word matches count? For example you may want plurals to count (eg. "Reds Cache")? Or you might allow matches inside words to count (eg. "Street cREDit")?

It appears that many have been using the most relaxed interpretation, eg. matches inside words count. The checker I wrote is currently doing exact matches only, and many recent loggers would not qualify. Could you please verify with the CO (if that's not you) what the desired behavior is and let me know?
December 16, 2022 02:19PM
What is the status of this request

I expected that DrPflug would have answered by now
December 16, 2022 02:27PM
sorry, I never recall seeing this and forgot about it. I will check with the CO.
December 17, 2022 12:10PM
The intent is for the colors to be whole words. But plurals will be fine too. Just not imbedded, like cREDit. Regards, DrPflug
December 19, 2022 03:12PM
vogelbird / bmuzzin - are you good to go now with the new checker? The reason I'm interested is that right now this Challenge is listed as a 99 difficulty on the project-gc scale which is obviously not right. Regards, DrPflug
December 19, 2022 09:02PM
It's giving me some weird results right now, seems like "~Purple" (for example) is not counting as a find for purple. I will take a look at fixing it up tonight.
December 20, 2022 02:43AM
I found my mistake... Here's the checker:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC4D1XY/72478
December 20, 2022 03:09AM
Perfect! I see it picks up plurals too like " Baby, I've Got the Blues" Nice.

please put into production.
December 20, 2022 03:54AM
It's already live.
December 20, 2022 01:05PM
Thanks so much for this. One more thing. The project-gc greasemonkey scripts displays BOTH the original script and the new script on the right side of the cache page. This is the old one
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC4D1XY/17270
that I see just above the new one
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC4D1XY/72478

Do you have to somehow delete the old script for for it to no longer be displayed?
December 20, 2022 02:19PM
The old checker is disabled

Thanks for the reminder
December 20, 2022 02:25PM
thanks. I see that now. You can now close this request.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login