Advanced

[Resolved] GC9XA74 Hidden month / found month gridbuster

[Resolved] GC9XA74 Hidden month / found month gridbuster
December 06, 2022 04:13AM
Hello dear sir or madam.

The challenge for GC9XA74 is to find a geocache all 12 months of the year that were hidden all 12 months of the year. 144 geocaches! Worded another way, find a geocache that fills every square on the grid of hidden month versus found month. Qualifying finds can be hidden or found any day or year. Finds can be any difficulty, terrain, size, and from any location. Any geocache type counts except lab caches.
If possible, can a visual grid output be made for this to help people see what they have left to do, please.
Here is an example in the form of my qualifying finds:

Many thanks for all the great work you do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2022 04:15AM by CheekyBrit. (view changes)
Re: GC9XA74 Hidden month / found month gridbuster
December 06, 2022 03:23PM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9XA74/73368

Please test and reply
December 06, 2022 06:36PM
Gentlemen, another successful checker that is robust, works well, and has a sweet visual grid output. Thank you very much! I tried it with a handful of people and it matched what I had figured out for them.

This is really cheeky, but is there a way to have this "X by Y" style checker that produces a grid be applied to an already completed checker? https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA202A/72934 is fully functioning checker and the entire project-gc team has done their due diligence. Though, it would be a much better experience for users if they can see the grid output. I'm envisioning something like this:

If it's too much to ask I totally get it. You must be busy.

Side note: I wonder if there will be copycats doing a similar challenge but requiring 2 or more in each square, like multiple loops of the fizzy grid.
December 06, 2022 06:54PM
If you want GCA202A retagged, @vogelbird will have to do that, since they tagged it.

Also - about your inquiry about requiring multiple finds per square - the new script already supports that. The following are available parameters in the tag:

limit_per_cell -- number of entries in a cell, required for a passing cell.
cell_limit -- number of passed cells you need to qualify
clamped_total_limit -- total number (limited by conf.limit_per_cell) you need to qualify
total_limit -- total number (unlimited) you need to qualify

So, if you set limit_per_cell=2, then you'll need to get 2 finds for each cell to 'pass' that cell. You could then also use [clamped_]total_limit to make a further requirements. Eg. for the above challenge, you could say limit_per_cell=2, cell_limit=144, total_limit=600. You'd then need 2 finds for every cell, but then additionally finds in all the cells need to add up to 600. So, since you'd need 288, you'd need an additional 312 finds anywhere in the grid to qualify.
December 06, 2022 07:08PM
Re: GCA202A
If bmuzzin wants to retag this, i will just remove my tag when it is done
December 06, 2022 04:01PM
While the one vogelbird posted does the job... but the output from the grid script I just wrote, (tagged differently for this challenge) is much more like the requested output:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC9XA74/73369

Let us know which one you prefer, and we'll delete the other one.
December 06, 2022 04:11PM
That looks better. I remove mine
December 06, 2022 10:33PM
I have retagged GCA202A here:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA202A/73380

Why oh why did I not find that REGULAR Virtual Cache when I was in Providence, RI?! :)

I made a small modification to the script, so you can now output the list of finds to the log, so that it matches (closely) the output of the previously tagged script. If you want that enabled on the other two, that's very easy to do as well... otherwise, they just output the number of cells you pass (or total).
December 06, 2022 10:58PM
@Bmuzzin - Great job but the checker again shows more types than there actual are
"10 Years! Event Cache" and "Lost and Found Event Cache" are counted as the same type
Likewise "GPS Adventures Maze Exhibit" and "GPS Adventures Exhibit" are the same
December 07, 2022 12:00AM
Good eyes vogelbird, I missed that on the second time around. Thanks again bmuzzin. My condolences you didn't get that regular virtual in R.I. I'm not fussed if the script text output includes the full list of GCs or just the number. Either is fine with me.
December 07, 2022 12:11AM
Okay, updated the checker with the correct types now (cut and paste from the other tag).
December 07, 2022 01:02AM
The old checker is removed
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login