Advanced

[Resolved] Requesting a checker for GCA2KRC

[Resolved] Requesting a checker for GCA2KRC
December 07, 2022 07:51AM
Hi there again. I'm looking for some help to create a checker that verifies if a cacher has found "identical" caches in 12 different regions. "Identical" meaning all the caches must be the same type and size and with the same difficulty and terrain levels. And a region is defined as any Canadian province or territory, US state (including DC), or the equivalent in other countries. Benchmarks, locationless, and lab caches can not be used for this challenge. Hopefully that covers all the potential caveats for this challenge.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns about this challenge.

Thanks.
Re: Requesting a checker for GCA2KRC
December 07, 2022 12:36PM
I can not find a solution so I mark this topic as a new script required
December 07, 2022 05:57PM
In my extended version of the SameX / DifferentY script, you can make SameX a list, and then you need all the things in the list to be the same. So, this actually doesn't need a new script! Here's the checker:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA2KRC/73406

Test it out, and let us know.
December 08, 2022 07:02PM
Yes! The checker appears to be working and bringing back the correct results. Thank you! I've tested it on a few people and I have some cosmetic changes to ask for though. Hopefully they are just cosmetic anyways. If these can not be accommodated, I'm just happy the checker works and we can leave it at that. :-)

The output seems to imply the "same" list is "type and Size and Terrain and Difficulty". Is there any way to switch Terrain and Difficulty around, mainly because most people usually think of it as D/T, and not T/D?

This is just another minor thing but could you also add spaces or slashes between the actual "found qualification" combo? eg. Currently the header in the output shows "**Traditional CacheMicro1.51.5**"; I'm hoping for spaces/slashes in between each criteria so that it's like this "**Traditional Cache Micro 1.5 1.5**" or "**Traditional Cache/Micro/1.5/1.5**".

As for the data in the output, is there any chance the country could be listed as well? And maybe the name of the cache and the date it was found by the cacher? And/or possibly the GC code being a link to the actual cache? Sorry if that is a big ask; I think I've been spoiled seeing that with other checkers. I get the impression though (again from previous checker requests I've made) that the only way those kinds of things can be added to the output would be as criteria, which I don't want but I thought I'd ask.

The request is not cosmetic so definitely feel free to say no to this. :-) Does the checker just run until it finds the cacher qualifies? The reason I ask is because I believe I qualify for this challenge with Traditional Cache/Micro/1.5/1.5 in 13 regions but the checker output only shows 12 for me. Could the checker output the whole list and all the other "ways' the cacher qualifies? ie. I actually qualify for this challenge twice. I've also found Virtual/Virtual/1.0/1.0 in 12 regions as well. Is there any way the checker output could show both of those (or basically all the different combos a cacher qualifies for (and the number of regions))?

The output for a 'failed' check only seems to show a couple of "helper examples". For example, when I run the checker against one cacher who's only cached in Alberta and British Columbia, their output looks like this: (apologies for the poor formatting from the cut and paste)
====================
Cacher has not yet found any groups of 12 or more different Region for the same type and Size and Terrain and Difficulty.
To continue working on this challenge, try adding additional Region to the following 2 type and Size and Terrain and Difficulty for which Cacher already has 2 Region

type and Size and Terrain and Difficulty Region
Traditional CacheMicro2.02.0 Alberta
British Columbia
Traditional CacheSmall2.52.0 Alberta
British Columbia
====================
I would assume there would be a whole bunch more combos that could be listed there (eg. Traditional Cache/Micro/1.5/1.5 seems to be the most prolific one) but the checker just lists two. Is that by design?

As I said at the beginning, I have a lot of asks but no expectations. If they can not be done, I'm just happy with the checker as is. Most importantly, it works. :-) Please let me know.

Thanks again for all your help and the quick turnaround.
December 08, 2022 09:11PM
Okay -

1. I've modified the script to put slashes between the fields
2. I've made it list all instances that you pass on (so eg. for you, it lists the two you cited), and also will list if you have more than 12 regions for the particular combo.
3. I've made it also print the country, date found and cache name for the qualifiers.
4. For the "failed" example, when I try it, it seems reasonable. It should output all groups that have the largest size. I'm not sure if that came from the above tagging changes, but I don't think it would. Maybe the person you checked didn't find a 1.5/1.5 Micro trad in either BC or Alberta?
December 14, 2022 07:25PM
Thank you for being so accommodating and making all those changes. I've ran the checker a few more times and everything looks great. I checked another 'failed' cacher and Trad/Micro/1.5/1.5 does show up for them so perhaps you are right, that first 'failed' cacher I tested hasn't find aTrad/Micro/1.5/1.5 in both provinces. That just seems surprising because that seems to be the most common criteria/combination I've seen so far. What do I know? ;-)

Thank you again for all your help. Please close this request.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login