Advanced

[Resolved] Create checker

[Resolved] Create checker
May 18, 2023 05:01PM
Hi
Could you please create 3 different checkers.

GCA4B1M The image is a Matrix and to qualify for the first one you have to be qualified to 1 complete row - which row is not important.
GCA4B1P The second one you have to be qualified for 3 complete rows - which rows are not important
GCA4B1Q The last one is all 6 rows

Re: Create checker
May 18, 2023 05:48PM
It's worth thinking about what continent definitions you want, since there are no formal definitions. Many countries and territories are ambiguous, like Turkey, Russia, Ceuta etc.
May 19, 2023 07:44AM
Asien
Afrika
Nordamerika
Sydamerika
Antarktis
Europa
Oceanien
May 19, 2023 09:20AM
I understand, but as I said, some countries can fall into multiple continents, or it being unclear which they are in. We often require for continent checkers for the setter to define a list of countries in each continent.
May 19, 2023 01:17PM
Ok, could we change it to "find one locationless"
May 19, 2023 08:26PM
Okay, I think that would work easier :)
I believe a new script would be required anyway, due to the combination; hopefully someone has more time than me to do this.
May 19, 2023 09:41PM
"Find one locationless" is not an allowed criteria since there aren't "plenty of caches" for that. I would suggest choosing something different before anybody spends any time on the checker.
May 19, 2023 09:00PM
I think this should be doable with the bingo function in the multi-test checker (just need to make the patterns use only rows)... but, what is a "lost place" attribute (cell T/E)?
May 20, 2023 05:29AM
I assume they mean the "Lost and Fount Event" attribute, which the Reviewer likely won't like, since it's no longer publishable. (It was only applied to "10 Years!" events attended by Lackeys.)
May 20, 2023 07:47AM
@Hügh and @bmuzzin I believe that "lost place" is the "abandoned building nearby". Commonly referred to as the "uraban exploration attribute" or the "lost place attribute" in some parts of the world.
May 20, 2023 08:05AM
Ah, that makes far more sense.

This sounds like quite an interesting language difference, wherein a word meaning "abandon" (with the same connotation as in English) doesn't quite exist in the language, and so it ends up being written using a similar word. For instance, my dictionary gives the English "abandon" as "forlade" or "opgive" in Danish, which translate back to "abandon", but also "leave" and "lose".
May 21, 2023 08:46PM
Thank you for helping me and you are right :-)
May 19, 2023 09:38PM
So, there are a few cells that the script can't handle. But, a few may not make sense anyhow -

Cell R/E and L/L : This will require a script mod, since we don't have anything that sums across different fields.

Cell A/V: 1 different size in 2 different countries. I assume this means (for example), a small in one country and a large in another. However, in the "A" line, you already have a Micro in 2 different countries, and a CITO in 2 different countries. Since CITOs will always always have 'other' size, to complete this row, you'd already pass this cell with those two.

Cell V/V: Likewise, requiring 2 different types in 2 different countries, in that row there is a cell for Wherigos and Events, which are already two different types.
May 20, 2023 07:13AM
Thank you so much for alle the feedback

I have a few questions, before I amend the matrix.

R/E: but could it be done? and would you? :)

L/L: Please have a look at this checker - could park of that be used in a new way? checker

A/V has been updated to "1 different size in each of 4 different countries"

V/V has been updated to "1 different type in each of 4 different countries"
May 20, 2023 11:30PM
So R/E is pretty easy to implement. The following three are essentially the same "problem" - unless I'm misunderstanding the wording again. I'm taking the meaning to be that you need to find a different value in a different country. For example, taking the A/V field, an example would be something like:

Small in Canada
Micro in USA
Large in Germany
Virtual in Denmark

We don't have a good implementation for the "unique x value / different y value" type of challenges. However, if it were instead something like "find at least 4 different sizes/types in 4 different countries", where overlap is acceptable, *that* is not hard to implement. Likewise for the attributes checker you referenced, you just need 65 attributes in 3 different countries, but those might overlap with that checker, which makes the checker much simpler. If the "overlap" is okay, you'll get a much faster turnaround time :)... otherwise, you might be waiting a while until somebody implements a generic "unique x value / different y value" checker.
May 21, 2023 09:05PM
Thank you for the explanation - for this one I will keep it simple, however I like the idea of something different, so I may ask you to implement the hard Unique x value / / different Y value at a later time.

I have updated the matrix with your input, would you please have a look again
May 23, 2023 06:26AM
Could i please ask you to verify that the matrix is ok and that you are working on it
May 23, 2023 11:44AM
Yes, I started working on it. Might have time to finish it tonight.
May 24, 2023 09:05AM
You are the best :) Thank you so much
May 25, 2023 08:13PM
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA4B1M/78060
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA4B1P/78061
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCA4B1Q/78062

So, now that I did all that work... I ran your name, and it claims you've only found 2 caches? There is a rule that you must pass your own challenge cache for it to be published, which is pretty strictly adhered to, so I hope that the account you're requesting these checkers with is a dummy account :). Test it out and let us know - it seemed to be accurate for me.
May 25, 2023 08:26PM
"Kommagc" does appear to be a dummy account; I ran their actual name through and can confirm that they do indeed qualify.
May 25, 2023 08:30PM
Whew :)
May 29, 2023 09:24PM
Thank you thank you thank you <3

Sorry for the late reply - I went to mega in norway. :-)

next time I will remember to write that this is a dummy profile.

It all looks great.
I have submitted the caches for review and now I just hope the reviewers will accept these challenges.
Fingers Crossed.
May 30, 2023 07:33AM
Thank you for the hard work you have done. You can close this now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login