Advanced

[Awaiting feedback] Challenge: Different Cachetypes in counties in Thuringia (Thueringen) Germany

Hi,

for GCAMWBN I would like to request a challenge checker written for the following challenge:

There are 22 counties within Thuringia (Thueringen). The task should be to find at least:
10 different cache types in 1 county
9 different cache types in 3 (different) counties
8 different cache types in 3 (different) counties
7 different cache types in 3 (different) counties
6 different cache types in 3 (different) counties
5 different cache types in 3 (different) counties
4 different cache types in 3 (different) counties
3 different cache types in 3 (different) counties

Valid cache types should be: traditional, multi, mystery, letterbox, earth, wherigo, virtual, webcam, regular event, cito event, celebration event, mega event, giga event (but no lab-caches).

Looking forward to any response regarding this request. Thanks a lot.
Best Mi(chael)
Re: Challenge: Different Cachetypes in counties in Thuringia (Thueringen) Germany
March 14, 2024 08:39PM
Here is the link https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAMWBN/86429

Please test and reply
Re: Challenge: Different Cachetypes in counties in Thuringia (Thueringen) Germany
March 15, 2024 11:16AM
Hi vogelbird,

checker works perfectly fine. Many thanks for putting it together in such short time.

Only thing confusing is the redundancy in the output of your script (many counties show up over and over again and with the same caches). Would it be feasible to remove those duplicates? Not sure this could be done easily, so I am only proposing.
Another way to avoid redundancy would be to visualize the challenge with a table, one row for each county and then within this row icons or gc-codes for each type. If this would involve a lot of extra work, probably it is not worth doing, but I wanted at least to throw the idea out there.

Let me know if any of this makes sense/appeals to you.

Best Mi(chael)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login