Advanced

GC2J43P

GC2J43P
November 03, 2023 09:19PM
New one that appeared on the list
A final for completing a linked series of caches
It might have the word challenge in the description but that is because it is a 63 km trail
However is a cache placed for completing a linked series a challenge cache or a bonus cache ?

Some will say - yes, but there is a set of criteria - find all 201 caches in the series
but how is that different to any bonus cache where you have to find all the caches in a trail / series (in some cases not all but many of) in order to get info and then get the bonus cache - in this instance you just don't have to gather any clues
Re: GC2J43P
November 04, 2023 01:40AM
I added it.

The way the description is written implies to me that the CO will delete non-qualifying logs. I believe that they are allowed to do this, since it is pre-moratorium.

(That said, I believe that the CO has passed away, so it's unlikely to be policed.)

but how is that different to any bonus cache where you have to find all the caches in a trail / series (in some cases not all but many of) in order to get info and then get the bonus cache

With a series, one could receive coordinates from a friend. In this case, there is a set of criteria/logging requirements that can be enforced; to have found 201 specific caches.
Re: GC2J43P
November 07, 2023 03:30AM
I agree with Hügh, that the difference is:
A bonus cache is one where you need to have found specific caches to find out where the cache is (akin to a multi-cache).
A challenge cache is one where finding other caches is a prerequisite to claiming a find (akin to a Traditional cache, although some grandfathered ones have puzzles as well).
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.