I frequently use the Map Compare tool to find out which caches are a good option for trips with certain geocachers. The filter will remember which geocachers I wish to compare finds with, and the country and region is also remembered. I, however, always have to select the conties manually every time.
I often search for caches in my own county (municipality) and the neighbouring ones. That's 4 selections every time I use the tool. On top of that, the list of counties is empty initially, so the procedure is as such:
- Click on Map Compare
- Click on another region than the one you want (the correct region is selected, but the list of counties is empty)
- Click on the correct region (only then will the correct list of counties appear)
- Click on the first county and hold down CTRL
- Repeat (4) until all counties are selected
- Click "Filter"
This is of course doable but tedious. My suggestion is to implement some of the following
- Make a favorites list that can be selected as an option in the "Cache location" filter. It will then be like a speed dial to frequently used configurations of the cache location filter.
- Make the "Cache location" filter remember the last selection on county(s) as well as country and region. That will at least make subsequent queries on the same areas easier.
- Make the Custom Filter able to specify cache location as well.
Any of the above will help.