Return to Project-GC

Welcome to Project-GC Q&A. Ask questions and get answers from other Project-GC users.

If you get a good answer, click the checkbox on the left to select it as the best answer.

Upvote answers or questions that have helped you.

If you don't get clear answers, edit your question to make it clearer.

0 votes
After editing a challenge checker script and saving, the save process times out and we get a "Save failed" message. However the save did actually occur. Could the save message please be fixed - it confused me for a bit before I learned to ignore it.
closed with the note: problem solved
in Bug reports by the Seagnoid (Expert) (45.0k points)
closed by the Seagnoid (Expert)
I believe this would be more appropriate for the challenge checkers forum, rather than here.

2 Answers

0 votes
Best answer

I only managed to reproduce this once, after that, it's running smooth. But I have a theory.

The save is failing, because it fails to commit to, which seems to be a timeout issue in their end. I am not too happy about the GitLab integration. I like the idea, but there are a few things that really didn't turn out as intended.

I would like to wait for a few days to see what happens in their end. Otherwise I might have to remove the integration between the sites.

by magma1447 (Admin) (235k points)
selected by the Seagnoid (Expert)
I have created a support ticket. Last time it took them almost a month to resolve my issue, so I will probably disconnect the whole thing today.
All fixed! Git lab fixed it or you disconnected them?
I removed it. Will consider it again when they fix things.
Thanks for your help, Magma.
It's you who deserves the thank you. For creating challenge checkers, caring and reporting.
0 votes
This bug should be solved
by vogelbird (Expert) (55.0k points)
Sorry, fault still present.
That's strange because it happen to me in the weekend but on monday it was solved. I'm using using chroom Versie 65.0.3325.181 (Officiƫle build) (64-bits)
Saving the script details works correctly. Saving the script itself does not. I use a tablet, fails with both Samsung Internet and Chrome browsers. Will check on a pc when I get to work (in two hours)
Fails on my PC, using Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) or Internet Explorer version 11.0.9600.18977. I doubt that it is the version of Chrome, though - more likely it broke again since you last tried it.