I love these threads, gives you time to reflect on the goals from last year, and see how you did, and make new ones for the next year.
This was the goals for 2019:
1. Attend our first GIGA in Hamburg (GC77777)
-We attended! \o/
2. Reach 9000 finds.
-Currently at 9668.
3. Get out and check out a place I might place my first earthcache at.
-Location has been checked, and earthcache has been made, just struggling a bit with getting it approved, so hopefully in 2020. :P
4. Get a find in all mainland counties in Western Denmark.
-Currently 2 short, but got at least 10 new ones this year. I actually forgot I put this down as a goal. :D
5. Close a few (or all) of the remaining degrees in the Danish 360 degree challenge.
-Down to 27 degrees left.
6. Log 25+ (Preferably 30+) challenges in a day.
-This one has been postponed to next year to add more challenges to the trip. :)
7. Log some of the many mysteries we have solved over the years.
-It's hard to stay on top of all the mysteries in the area, but we try our best! almost at 25% logged mysteries. :D
8. Our wildcard goal is something we are not ready to share, as it is 50/50 if we will be able to pull it off. We do have a backup plan in case of failure though. :)
-It was to log the Giga as our find #9000, and after a marathon effort early in the year, where we found something like 1500-1600 caches in around 4 months, we succeeded!
Goals for 2020:
1. Attend the Giga in Prague.
2. Attend 1+ of the celebration events.
3. Log #10000, which must be a virtual.
4. We started on a streak December 1st, and we hope to keep that going at least until December 31st, 2020, and if can stomach to keep going, then until 444 days have passed. :D
5. We are currently trying to see if it will be possible to attend the celebration in Seattle in August, and if that happens then also log the Ape cache there.
6. Get my first earthcache released.
7. Get down to less than 10 degrees left on the 360 degree challenge!
That should do it for next year! :D