Return to Project-GC

Welcome to Project-GC Q&A. Ask questions and get answers from other Project-GC users.

If you get a good answer, click the checkbox on the left to select it as the best answer.

Upvote answers or questions that have helped you.

If you don't get clear answers, edit your question to make it clearer.

TB Discover tool: empty log messages when using special Unicode characters

0 votes
35 views
I’ve just attempted to discover a couple of TBs with the tool, and this time, it worked successfully but with an empty log message on each. Editing it on the GS website made it work. No idea if this is a generic bug or one dependent on the log message, and within PGC or the GS API.

The log message I used was:
 

… heh, turns out it disappears from here. Also, it appears to have been converted into UTF-16 surrogates on the GS website in the TB log (example: http://coord.info/TB24KYN), but the individual log (http://coord.info/TLG5NDTM) and the same U-0001F3B2 character on the cache log page are fine.

The “Toggle log text” button in the TB Discover tool history also shows nothing, so this appears to be a bug in PGC with (my educated guess) Unicode codepoints from the astral planes.
asked Dec 4, 2015 in Bug reports by mirabilos (2,630 points)
edited Dec 5, 2015 by mirabilos
I just tried to discover as well, and the log message was simply cut off at the first non-BMP Unicode character. This bug thus still exists.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

...