I am planning a trip to Denmark to log some challenges. While I can figure most out myself, I would like to increase the number of challenge checkers there. In this post, I will list all challenges that I find have no challenge checkers, but could have. I will also try to explain what's needed for them.
The first one to add an answer that they have created a tag for a challenge will be sent 30 days 90 days of PGC-membership as a coupon code, as soon as the checker is verified. I will add a strikethrough on those where a challenge checker has been created.
Now when the easiest of them has been solved I am upping the rewards to 90 days of membership for each checker that does what it should.
- On one day, find 7 distinct types and 6 distinct sizes from one cache owner.
- For each month, log at least 10 geocaches, the year doesn't matter (Jan, Feb ...) >= 10 finds.
- For each date (1st, 2nd, 3rd ...) log at least 10 geocaches, year and month doesn't matter.
- Have logged at least 10 geocaches of at least 4 cache types.
There are two screenshots in the cache description that shows the requirements as well.
- Log at least 10 geocaches containing a persons name in the title. If a name is foo, the word foobar isn't valid.
This requires a white-list of names. For Swedish names, most data can be found at SCB (Statistiska Centralbyrån / Statistic central bureau).
If sites for other countries can be found, it's a plus.
The checker should state that it can give false negatives. Preferably in the script comment, tag comment, and script output.
- Log a geocache that is more south than the most southern one in Denmark.
- ... more north than the most northern in Denmark.
- ... more west than the most western in Denmark.
- ... more east than the most eastern in Denmark.
A new API call will be created if someone posts that they are interested in creating a checker for this one. The cache description does not say how to handle geocaches like http://coord.info/GC19GK9, I assume that one can be ignored, and I suggest so, and saying so in the script output.
- The most northern, southern, western, eastern find should be in other countries than Denmark.
- I assume http://coord.info/GC19GK9 can be ignored by the checker. The challenge doesn't say so though. I suggest ignoring it, and saying so in the script output.
- The example log should contain gccode (link), log-link, visitdate, name of country.
- Have 25 days without a find.
- I assume one can't start counting before ones first found.
- Dates before 2012-01-01 (YYYY-MM-DD) should be ignored.
This will require a white-list of words, it can fairly easily be created with Google translate though.
- Log 12 geoaches, containing the numbers 1 to twelve.
- Language doesn't matter, as long as it exists in Google Translate.
- The number in the middle of the word is ok, ie fooONEbar.
- The output should probably tell which language is used.
- Have a caching streak from December the 1st to and including 28th Februari, OR, 29th if it's a leap year.
- Spell "Blandede Bolcher" with the initial character of geocaches you have logged.
- Geocaches starting with anything but alpha is unusable.
- The following cache types must be used: Trad, myst, multi, letterbox, earth cache
- The same geocache may not be used twice.
- Log on geocaches you own may not be used.
- The example log should contain cache-name, gccode, cache-type.