The percentage description do not seem to make sense. The more people who can find a cache the lower the difficulty should go. The formula shown here has it increasing. I suspect it is people who do not qualify.
Consider the case where 100% of cachers in the region, 100% in the country and 100% in the world all qualify. This would be an easy challenge. But by the example on the page, this would have a high score.
- You are correct, something is wrong but I haven't had the time to check it, not available this week. Here is the code a bit simplified, I already had it available.
- magma1447 (3305483) (talk) 18:10, 24 June 2021 (CEST)
- The confusion appears to be with how the percents are calculated and that is not in the code.
Sounds great. Have a great time.
Texas example error
The formula states:
- 3*$worldPercent + 5*$countryPercent + 10*$regionPercent
In the Texas example; it's...
- 3*$regionPercent + 5*$countryPercent + 10*$worldPercent
Also note that when any of these percentages increases; the Challenge difficulty also increases when decrease would be expected.