Advanced

Change History

Once a checker request has been fulfilled and the challenge owner (or checker requester) is satisfied the thread should be moved here by a moderator. Please allow some time before moving the thread, to allow feedback from the requester.

Message: Re: Mod requested to Checker for GC8E7ZN: now 555 total caches in [certain location]

Changed By: frumiousb
Change Date: August 09, 2020 05:28AM

Re: Mod requested to Checker for GC8E7ZN: now 555 total caches in [certain location]
[realized I should post this in a different thread but it won't let me delete this, so please just ignore it here.]

Well, I went and put the checker on the cache page and placed the cache and all that - and turns out my 555 doesn't pass muster after all :( Had thought they'd said it would be OK. Nope - counted as a spelling challenge. Said I can't do it as a list of places that start with 'F' either.

Frustration and being busy with other things (mostly pandemic-related) put this cache on the back burner for a very long time. Finally getting back to it.

Reviewer did think this suggested simplification would be okay: "find 555 in Fairfax County, VA and/or Fairfax City, VA" (the city is nested within the county and a lot of folks don't really understand they're different localities, including folks sending ballot requests to electors in the wrong one of the two as has been in the news this week).

Wish I didn't need to ask you to do this after you did such a great job on the original 555 logic, but would you please simplify the existing checker to see if the cacher has found at least 555 (of any type) in Fairfax, VA (County and/or City)?

Thanks. Hope you're staying safe.
Changed By: frumiousb
Change Date: August 09, 2020 05:25AM

Re: Mod requested to Checker request for GC8E7ZN: now 555 total caches, one of two ways in [certain location]
Well, I went and put the checker on the cache page and placed the cache and all that - and turns out my 555 doesn't pass muster after all :( Had thought they'd said it would be OK. Nope - counted as a spelling challenge. Said I can't do it as a list of places that start with 'F' either.

Frustration and being busy with other things (mostly pandemic-related) put this cache on the back burner for a very long time. Finally getting back to it.

Reviewer did think this suggested simplification would be okay: "find 555 in Fairfax County, VA and/or Fairfax City, VA" (the city is nested within the county and a lot of folks don't really understand they're different localities, including folks sending ballot requests to electors in the wrong one of the two as has been in the news this week).

Wish I didn't need to ask you to do this after you did such a great job on the original 555 logic, but would you please simplify the existing checker to see if the cacher has found at least 555 (of any type) in Fairfax, VA (County and/or City)?

Original Message

Author: frumiousb
Date: August 09, 2020 05:23AM

Re: Checker request for GC8E7ZN: 555 total caches, one of two ways