Advanced

Re: GC6WTAJ - found 25+ challenge caches which were hidden before the moratorium

Hi! I am planning a challenge cache whose requirement is at least 25 found logs on challenges which were published before the moratorium (21. April 2015).

Is it possible to make a checker for this?

Regards
St.Jocosa
Re: GC6WTAJ - found 25+ challenge caches which were hidden before the moratorium
August 15, 2017 09:21PM
The only way the system can detect challenge caches is by using the cache title. Unfortunately this is not acceptable under the current guidelines

Please read 2.9. Challenge caches

10. Source of Criteria - Not Acceptable
These listing elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer or listing text. (new 2016)
August 15, 2017 09:33PM
Thanks for the info!

If I get the okay from a Reviewer - would the checker be doable?
August 15, 2017 09:42PM
Not competent because there are also puzzle caches (Unknown Cache type) with challenge in the name.
August 16, 2017 01:49PM
And the other way to because not all old challenges have challenge in the name.
The best that could be done is all unknown caches with challenge in the name published before the date. But I would be surprise if it is allowed since using the name is explicitly not allowed
August 17, 2017 02:03PM
Hmm... Okay, my local challenge cache reviewer is currently on vacation and noone will answer my question until end of august... I'll post the answer then.
Reviewer from the USA here. This challenge cache design is not publishable, for the reasons explained above.
August 17, 2017 03:27PM
Okay! Thanks for the Info!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login