Advanced

Re: MOTORWAY MAYHEM M90 (CHALLENGE CACHE) - GC7EE8G

[Cancelled] MOTORWAY MAYHEM M90 (CHALLENGE CACHE) - GC7EE8G
November 07, 2017 10:24PM
Hi, looking to publish my first challenge cache based on 'Motorway Mayhem' finds, if anyone can help. I am not a code writer but I am guessing this could work by having search tags looking for the 'M?' reference (motorway) and A?(M). ie 'M6 or A1(M) as these are typical reference numbers used on British Motorways.

? being a motorway number, then a script to compare the numbers to ensure at least 7 of them are different. Then a count script on the number of times motorway or services appears in cache titles? That's how I envisage it could work, maybe I am over simplifying but hopefully it is doable. A list of British motorways can be found on the wikipedia link, in terms of road numbers. This should allow the scripter to produce a search range. Covers M? series and A?(M) series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motorways_in_the_United_Kingdom

The challenge:

To find 14 'Motorway Mayhem' caches on at least 7 different British motorways, ie M8, M9, M74, A1(M), M6, M25 etc.

The Rules:

1. A minimum of 14 different MOTORWAY MAYHEM / SERVICES caches need to have been previously found on at least 7 different motorways.
2. These can be any type of cache, ie traditional, multi-cache, Letterbox Hybrid etc.
3. Caches can be from anywhere on the British Isles, including Northern Ireland.
4. Caches found before the date of publication DO count.
5. Must not own the qualifying caches (unless you adopted them prior to finding them).
6. Cannot use this cache as a qualifying find.
7. Archived caches still valid.
8. Cache titles do not have to include the motorway name, but must include motorway reference, ie 'Frankley Services M5' .

Yes I do qualify for my own challenge cache as CO. List of motorway mayhem / service stations I have visited to qualify.

1. Welcome to Wales! Motorway Mayhem M4 J23a
2. Gordano services Motorway Mayhem M5 J19
3. Frankley services, M5
4. Motorway Mayhem - M5 - Gloucester Services (South)
5. Motorway Mayhem M6 Lymm.
6. Travel Bug Hotel - Charnock Richard Services North M6
7. Motorway Mayhem - M8 - Heart of Scotland - West
8. Motorway Mayhem - M8 - Heart of Scotland - East
9. Motorway Mayhem M9 J3
10. Motorway Mayhem - M74 - J6-Hamilton
11. Motorway Mayhem - M74 - J6-5 Hamilton
12. Motorway Mayhem - M61, Rivington Services South
13. Wetherby Services A1(M)
14. Motorway Mayhem - A1(M) J59 - Newton Aycliffe

Hope someone can help and any further queries, please do not hesitate to ask.
November 07, 2017 10:50PM
I'm afraid that a challenge like this is no allowed under the new guidelines

Please read 2.12. Challenge caches https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206

If you use the title (10. Source of Criteria)
Not Acceptable
These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.

If you use locations
Acceptable
Challenge cache criteria may be based upon these geographic areas: countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent).
Not Acceptable
Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). For example, user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc. (updated Aug 2016)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2017 10:52PM by vogelbird. (view changes)
November 07, 2017 11:05PM
That's a pity. I take it there is no other way this challenge could be done? I saw a previous challenge like this elsewhere, but of course, published before the checker was required.

Thanks
November 07, 2017 11:07PM
A challenge like this would not be accepted by a reviewer
November 08, 2017 11:14AM
If there is a motorway mayhem bookmark list (but I don't think there is) and if you formulated the challenge to find motorway mayhem's in n different counties then you may be able to get it past your local reviewer. But you'd need to check whether a reliable bookmark list exists and talk with the reviewer before starting any further work on it.
November 08, 2017 11:31AM
Read 11. Specific Lists https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#specificLists
Acceptable
A challenge based on caches with at least X number of Favorite Points can be published, as the information comes from Geocaching.com.
Not Acceptable
A challenge based on elements under the cache owner’s primary control is not acceptable: examples, my favorites, my caches, bookmark lists, caches by this owner, or this group.

If it is a bookmark list with information that is not provided by Geocaching.com this falls under the catagory "Not acceptable"
November 08, 2017 11:49AM
'cache owner’s primary control' arethe key words here. At least in the uk it is accepted that national series with caches by a large number of owners (e.g. the church micro series) are acceptable as the contents of the bookmark list isn't under the cache owners primary control (particularly when the bookmark list is maintained by someone else).
November 08, 2017 12:00PM
There are no church micros challenges published under the new Guidelines yet and I can not recall any bookmark challenges being published under the new guidelines apart from one which I made and slipped through when the new guidelines were just published
November 13, 2017 11:33AM
This request will be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login