Advanced

Re: Checker requested; Have found more caches in a county than there are caches in that county

Dear checker-writing volunteers,

I am in need of checker for the following <new> challenge cache.

The challenge is formulated as 'Find more geocaches in county Maastricht, than there are active geocaches in Maastricht at the time of logging'.
The geocaches referenced can be of any type. County Maastricht is the capital county of region Limburg in the Netherlands. By active geocaches I mean geocaches of any status , except archived geocaches.

Further explanations;
At this day (15-11-2017) there are 71 active geocaches in Maastricht according the Project GC stats. If a geocacher has found more than 71 geocaches in this region at the day of the found log (let's say on 16-11-2017) he/she can log this challenge as a found.
It requires people to log geocaches that later will be archived, or to attend events in Maastricht.
This idea has been approved by a reviewer, but further feedback is welcome.

Is it possible to write such a checker? If you need more information, feel free to comment, and I will be happy to provide it.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Checker requested; Have found more caches in a county than there are caches in that county
November 15, 2017 04:00PM
Ik denk dat deze chellenge niet wordt goedgekeurd want the richtlijn zegt dat er voldoende caches aanwezig moeten zijn en het mag geen 100 % zijn. Tot nu toe zijn alleen hoeveelheden tussen de 70 a 80 % van de actieve caches goedgekeurd. Dit getal hangt ook af ven de D/T waarden en het soort caches

I think this chellenge will not be approved because the guideline says that there should be enough active caches and it should not be 100%. So far, only quantities between 70 to 80% of active caches have been approved. This number also depends on the D / T values and the type of caches
Thank you for your feedback.
However, a reviewer has already said that he approves of this exact challenge. If someone could still create a checker, I can submit the listing for review.
November 15, 2017 04:48PM
I have contacted the reviewer to see if the challenge is acceptable, if so a new script has to be writen because the existing script only allows for all active caches (100%)
Thank you very much!

In order to meet the requirements for this challenge, one does not need to have found all the active geocaches in that specific area. Just more finds than there are active caches.
There is a similar challenge in Saarland; GC2WWGX
November 16, 2017 10:53AM
I'm very surprised it is acceptable as it seems to be rewarding/premoting a negative aspect of the game (caches being archived) and is not attainable by new cachers . A new cacher starting to the game/or county would have to find more than 100% of the available caches when they start.
The challenge does not promote caches to be archived as the requirements can also be fulfilled by attending an event in the county (which there regularly is). Even if not, caches will always be archived in the future so this cache is ALWAYS attainable by new cachers.
November 16, 2017 11:19AM
I agree ultimately eventually it is attainable, the question is it within a reasonable time. The similar precedent is that it has been deemed that 366 calendar date challenges aren't acceptable as the requirement of a find on the 29th of Feb is too restrictive and not feasibly achievable by a new cacher (which personally I feel is a shame and wouldn't have been what I have decided). Based on that ruling then logic would dictate that your challenge would fall into the same category. However the rulings are always applied consistently and what may go in your favour is that there are so few caches in your county to begin with (here I think I've seen that number published locally in the last month). Ultimately its up to your local reviewer unless someone complains to HQ.
November 16, 2017 11:24AM
I already wrote the local reviewer, which also covers my local area, to see if this challenge is acceptable
November 22, 2017 12:39PM
The challenge was not approved by the local reviewer and this thread moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login