Advanced

Re: 1000 Puzzle (and I mean Puzzle) Caches - question

[Cancelled] 1000 Puzzle (and I mean Puzzle) Caches - question
November 16, 2017 04:17PM
I would like to put out a challenge cache to find 1000 puzzle caches - and by that I mean actual puzzles, not just ? caches. One way to do this would be for the checker to count ? finds and subtract those with "Challenge" in the name, which I imagine would be easy to write. But would that run afoul of the rule about using cache names in a challenge cache?

THANKS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2017 04:19PM by The Snowdog. (view changes)
November 16, 2017 04:52PM
It"s easy to subtract Unknown Caches which have the word Challenge or Bonus but there are also real puzzle caches with the word challenge. A rough estimate is about 750 cahes. Also the challenge guidelines do not allow us to subtract those caches based on a word in the title
November 16, 2017 04:58PM
As you have guessed the answer is yes it would run foul of that rule - particularly as a few challenge caches do have puzzle elements in them. There are also bonus caches which generally aren't 'proper' puzzles either.

The best criteria to do this would be find 1000 puzzle caches where the published coordinates are not the final coordinates (though that would still include bonus caches) - however I don't believe that is possible with the current API.
November 16, 2017 05:36PM
Well that's what I was afraid of. No need to add further to this thread.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login