Advanced

Re: New checker for GC4XHHF

[Cancelled] New checker for GC4XHHF
February 16, 2018 03:34AM
I'm in the process of creating a challenge cache similar to GC4XHHF. The finders would be required to find a cache, any type, any date, in a city or town of the same name, but in a different state. One cache found in Richmond, VA and one cache found in Richmond, KY. You must find 26 total caches in 26 different cities/towns in 26 states, a Baker's Dozen. Thirteen pairs of caches in cities, towns, or localities with the same name in different states (or countries). County names do NOT qualify. I have found that the MapQuest link on the cache page of each cache seems to accurately show the physical address, including city/town of the cache, which I would accept for the qualifications.

This cache, GC3H20Z, is also similar but has no checker.

Thanks for your help with this.

Larry / HD JP
February 16, 2018 05:31AM
Firstly, such a challenge would not be allowed under the current guidelines. It violates guideline 10:
Not acceptable

Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). For example, user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc.

Secondly, to create a checker for such a challenge would require a list of the border polygons of every single city, town or locality in the world. This is a lot of effort to go through for a challenge type which is no longer allowed.
March 11, 2018 12:04PM
This thread has not received any further responce from the requester any more and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login