Advanced

Re: GC7PR2V Checker required

[Cancelled] GC7PR2V Checker required
May 15, 2018 06:26PM
Hello
Can you please help me out with three checkers for the following criteria?
I'm hoping to do three challenge caches based on the top rated caches by favourite points in Dublin, Ireland.
Finds required would be 100 finds, the second 150 finds and the third 200 caches (sorted by those with the highest favourite points).
It is likely that some of the caches in this list would be disabled from time to time. Would it be possible to run the checker based on the top caches that are currently active and ignore the ones that are disabled? So for instance if 3 on the list are disabled the checker includes the three caches that are next on the list?
All advice would be appreciated in this regard.
I hope this is within guidelines
Many thanks
Laura
May 15, 2018 08:30PM
Here is the link to the checker https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7PR2V/34801 with "excludeDisabled": true and "excludeArchived": true. Normally a checker like this would be for the top 100 with a percentage found. At the moment the checker is set at 100% found.

Please test and tell me the requirements
May 15, 2018 09:09PM
Thanks Vogelbird
I am very grateful for your input.
The checker seems to be working very well.
I have a question for you:
When you said the checker would normally be for the top 100 but with a percentage...what is the normal percentage? Is it usually lower than 100%? How many exceptions are usually allowed?
Currently for this cache to meet current publication standards ( with a number of people already qualified) I would need to either reduce the percentage required to perhaps 98 percent out of 100 being found. Is that what you mean? Are there usually one or two "free passes" ?Alternatively the requirement may need to be reduced to 75 finds.
What is your advice?
Laura
May 15, 2018 09:25PM
It goes all over the place. But on the higher numbers you see from 50 to 100 depending the area.
May 16, 2018 09:02AM
Hello again
In order to make this cache both a challenge and more accessible I have a suggestion, could you make it so that you still have to to find 100 caches, but out of the top 110, so there is an allowence built in.
Can I also ask how the checker works if caches have the same number of favourite points for the 100th cache. Does it recognise that there could be a few with the same number of favourite points?
I will then run the checker to see if there are enough people already qualified to meet the reviewers criteria. Can we please try that first.
Many thanks
Laura
May 16, 2018 11:13AM
The checker is adjusted and reads for you
You have found all 108 caches from the top 110 of the needed 100
The list is the status as of 2018-05-16 11:09 servertime (CET)

May 30, 2018 08:08AM
Hi Vogelbird
I have spoken with the revewiers regarding this challenge of 100 of Dublins Top favourites , This challenge isnt within guidelines as its a "specified" list. The reviewer gave a good suggestion, to make it based on favourite points but on an unspecified list. Could I ask please to firstly get a generic checker that counts the totals the number of favourite points on caches found in Dublin ? Once I have run the numbers I will then assign a threshold. Could you help me with this please?
Thanks in advance
Laura
May 30, 2018 10:59AM
Sorry but your reviewer has not understood the checker. Every time the checker is used it produces a new up to date list that why there is a timestamp in the output of the checker.

The checkers of this script are approved by the reveiwers all over the world.
June 11, 2018 03:50PM
Is there any news on the subject:??
June 12, 2018 07:57PM
Hi Vogelbird
The reviewer is clarifying if the challenge is permissible in its original form with HQ. I will let you know what they decide. Thanks for all your help. Laura
September 07, 2018 07:06PM
Hi Vogelbird
I archived this cache as the go ahead for it was withdrawn. Its disappointing as intially I was told it met guidelines. The reviewers decided that it was too challenging in its current form and what was suggested wouldnt have been much of a challenge. Thank you for your help and time. Laura
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login