Advanced

Re: Travel challenge checker: N degrees North (spherical zones)

[Cancelled] Travel challenge checker: N degrees North (spherical zones)
July 20, 2018 08:05AM
Hi
I'm having an idea for a new travel challenge, and is wondering if it is possible to create a checker for it.

I have not published the cache yet, so at this point I just want to know if such challenge exists, if someone may help creating it, or if there are other ways to check it without using a checker.

I what to check how many caches I have in the different spherical zones:
From 0-10 degrees north
From 10-20 degrees north
From 20-30 degrees north
From 70-80 degrees north

If this is possible or impossible, is it possible to check it for spherical lunes then? That could be an idea for another cache.
From 0-20 degrees east
From 20-40 degrees east
From 40-60 degrees east
From 140-160 degrees east
July 20, 2018 08:19AM
Sorry, this sort of challenge is no longer allowed. Guideline 10 states (as not acceptable):

Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). For example, user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc.
July 20, 2018 08:27AM
Hmm.... I wasn't aware of that, but thanks for highlighting it so quickly.

Will it be allowed with a workaround, if I say that he challenge is to
have a cache find
in one county between 0 and 10 degrees north
in one county between 10 and 20 degrees north
...and so on?
July 20, 2018 08:41AM
That might be acceptable, but you'd need to come up with a list of which counties count for each range. I'd be inclined to ask you to seek your reviewer's acceptance of the concept, though, before we spend time writing a checker.
October 09, 2018 12:34PM
This thread has not received any further responce from the requester any more and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login