Advanced

[Cancelled] VT 100 Halloween Cemetery Challenge GC7YEGX

[Cancelled] VT 100 Halloween Cemetery Challenge GC7YEGX
October 01, 2018 04:40AM
I am looking for a challenge checker that searches for certain words that are halloween themed and /or synonyms for cemetery.
The challenge is to have at least 100 qualifying cemetery caches or Halloween Themed caches, and of the 100 at least 20 must be from Vermont.
I have made lists of qualifying words or root words that qualify:

Cemetery Synonyms and Root words which qualify here:

Cemet. Cimet, Grave, Yard, Bury, Buri, Ground, Lot, Peace, Garden, Tomb, Mortu, Crypt, Churchyard, Rest, Bone, Ossuary, Dead, Vault, Funeral, Eternal, Memorial, Stone, Marble, Mausoleum

Halloween Themed words which qualify:

Halloween, Scary, Spook, Spirit, Creep, Ghoul, Zombie, Monster, Creature, Night, Trick, Treat, Candy, Corn, Scary, Fright, Fear, Afraid, Goblin, Witch, Warlock, Spell, Cauldron, Mask, Death, jack, Lantern, Scarecrow, Broomstick, Apparition, Cat, Blood, Cackle, Costume, Demon, Devil, Fangs, Gory, Gore, Haunt, Howl, Grim, Reaper, Cadaver, Magic, Macabre, Mummy, Phantom, Potion, RIP, R.I.P., Scream, Skeleton, Skull, Specter, Unearthly, Vampire, Werewolf, Wizard,

Thank you.
CarriVT
Re: VT 100 Halloween Cemetery Challenge GC7YEGX
October 01, 2018 11:08AM
I am sorry because using words is practically impossible because it needs use of disallowed criteria.

Not allowed: These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.
October 01, 2018 02:29PM
This was meant to use cache titles from which to search for cemetery caches, much like GC2HEA6 (cemetery, cemetary... a challenge) does, which has a Project-GC checker. Also GC3Y937, a Spooky Challenge, which looks like it may have nearly the identical challenge checker.

for the Halloween portion, I was looking at The Frankenstein Challenge GC40h0a, and Dreaded Yankee is Lonely Challenge GC47rzg, which is its clone. Both use body parts located in cache titles. There is a Project-GC checker for those.

What I was looking for is a slight expansion on the checker used in the cemetery challenge checkers noted, and incorporating the same idea as the Frankenstein challenge checker, but with Halloween words instead of body parts. Not sure how the rules have changed since these checkers listed are not very old.

Please advise how I can make this work. I will want to salvage this. Thank you.

CarriVT
October 01, 2018 02:35PM
The checker you are referring to are grandfathered challenges which are no longer allowed under the current guidelines

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria

Not acceptable
These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.
October 01, 2018 03:27PM
I read it but it is ambiguous. Are you saying that the challenge checker you call "Number of caches with word in title" by GentlePurpleRain cannot be used for new challenges, only grandfathered ones?

So therefore there can no longer be any cemetery challenges?
October 01, 2018 03:54PM
Yes that is correct, your reviewer will not publish such a challenge anymore
October 01, 2018 04:08PM
Okay then.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login