Advanced

Re: New Checker GC7J6P8 (Attn vogelbird please)

[Cancelled] New Checker GC7J6P8 (Attn vogelbird please)
November 20, 2018 06:36AM
Hi

I had already requested a checker for physical finds in each degree of longitude that covers West to East across mainland Australia. This is E113 to E153 inclusive.

Howver I was made aware that this is not an acceptable challenge. Location challenges

Subsequently I have looked at https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GC7P56H/35240 which vogelbird created (quite laboriously as I understand it!)

So as an alternative I had the idea fro a challenge which involves finding a physical cache in a council area with at least one each from a list. There would be 41 lists. Each list would include those councils which have an area which is in each of the degrees of latitude. They would not need to be continguous councils.

So my questions are
1) Is this within the rules as I think?
2) Can it be done?
3) Can it be "easily" built from GC7P56H/35240 or will I need to provide more information about local council areas, such as which ones are in each minute of latitude?

GC code is GC7J6P8

I wish to exclude non-physical caches (events, ECs, and virtuals) to start with.
This checker may need modification after I have run some team names through it.
Thanks.

Bill aka Brad of Brad&Janet
November 20, 2018 07:52AM
Yes, it's possible and allowed. No, I don't think it can be created from that checker. You will have to provide those 41 lists.
November 20, 2018 08:11AM
Thanks very much. I may be a while....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login