Advanced

Re: The Bakers Dozen Challenge

[Cancelled] The Bakers Dozen Challenge
September 23, 2019 04:43PM
GC8DZY0 - The Bakers Dozen Challenge

I have found a cache that I would like to resemble, but for the checker, add that found caches only qualify after Oct 19/2019.
Here is the cache that I would like it to be similar to. https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC1D07Q_utahs-bakers-dozen-challenge.
September 23, 2019 05:55PM
Unfortunately this is against the new challenge cache guidelines for two reasons:

Rule 9: Not acceptable: Time-limited caching: as in some number of finds per day, week, month, or year. Example, Busy Day, 50 finds in a day, 500 finds in a month, etc.

Rule 14: Not acceptable: Not finding caches: design that limits or punishes any element of finding caches. [I think this would apply since the challenge requires exactly x caches for each day]
September 28, 2019 02:43PM
Any idea how I can go about it to make this cache still fun and not break any rules?
September 28, 2019 05:32PM
The options for time-limited challenges are very sparse. The only things you can do really are filling the calendar (i.e. 365 dates) and streaks up to a year.

Multiple finds a day won't be published, even if it just requires a single day with two finds. Also cumulative finds are not allowed (i.e. 2 finds on 28th September of all years combined). So not a lot of options unfortunately.
October 05, 2019 09:01PM
Ok thank you anyways!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login