Advanced

Re: GC..... total find rate caches/day

[Awaiting feedback] GC..... total find rate caches/day
December 17, 2021 11:34AM
I need a checker for the total find rate as a snapshot.
As 1.1111, 2.2222, etc.
December 17, 2021 01:07PM
I'm sorry but this is not an acceptable challenge criteria and seen as ratio caching.

HQ does not allow ratio caching, for more contact your local reviewer
December 17, 2021 08:40PM
I don't know if I have understood this correctly.
It's not about the maximum find rate on one day, but since the time you started caching.
Here is the official statistics page of GC.
There, the find rate is displayed as an overall average.
I think it's interesting to reach a number here.
If you pursue your hobby from time to time, the number will automatically increase; you just have to make sure you reach a value of 1.1111 or 2.2222 and then use the checker.
This has nothing to do with ratio caching and can be achieved with just a little more than one find per day.
And this, mind you, over the entire time.
This means that you can have no find on some days and still achieve a value above ONE.
December 17, 2021 10:29PM
Reaching a specific number would be ratio caching anyway. I'm at 1.6383, so to get to 1.1111 I would have to not find caches for a number of days until I've reached 1.1111. The checker would only give green for a short period of time and then I would "lose" my qualification (this is generally a bad sign). And on top of all that the challenge would require that you've found more than one cache on a date (not allowed).

You could ask your local reviewer/s but I wouldn't bother.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2021 10:52PM by Pleu. (view changes)
December 17, 2021 11:26PM
Any other number can also be found. 2.2222 or higher. There are plenty of cachers who also have a higher find rate. My own rate is / was just at 2.2222. In my opinion, it is enough to have two numbers after the decimal point, so the difficulty is not so very high after all. There are far more difficult challenges in which you have to find up to 12 caches a day. These have also been approved.
December 17, 2021 11:58PM
@Paulchen05 It's not about the difficulty of the challenge. It's about the concept not following the guidelines and similar challenges have been denied on appeal.
February 02, 2022 02:31PM
This thread has not received any further feedback and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login