Advanced

Re: GC9PMHM Revenge Challenge

[Awaiting feedback] GC9PMHM Revenge Challenge
March 10, 2022 03:37AM
I know you have issue with any DNF Challenge. I ran this by my reviewer and he said, probably not likely that this would get a checker. What I see is a Challenge no different than one paired with a attribute, 50 special tool required, 25 abandoned structure. You see what I mean.

All you need to log this find is 150 caches you found that you previously posted a DNF. The key is previously logged DNF associated with a later find of the same cache.
March 10, 2022 12:49PM
We have the information, but it's not being used Challenge checker API. The challenge will never get approved by HQ because is violates 2.12.14.

Your first criteria is not finding caches which is a negative criteria
March 10, 2022 01:18PM
Your last sentence, "Your first criteria is not finding caches which is a negative criteria". Since when does a geocacher/person do anything in life seeking failure. This is a reward for persistence! I have no idea what 2.12.14 is but it may need a review.

I appreciate your help, time and accept the decision.
March 10, 2022 02:59PM
@LeapinGuy
The issue is: How does one accomplish "Finding 150 caches you previously DNFed" without first accomplishing the negative criteria of "Not finding 150 caches"? It's impossible because you need to first DNF the cache to be able to use it for qualifying and the guidelines clearly states "Criteria may not be for a negative achievement such as DNF logs.".

Also it would take about five minutes after publication before somebody just adds DNF logs dated the day before their find for enough caches to qualify.
March 10, 2022 03:18PM
Also it would take about five minutes after publication before somebody just adds DNF logs dated the day before their find for enough caches to qualify.

Are you talking about "The Big Lie"?
March 10, 2022 03:21PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "The Big Lie" but I'm saying this is a setup that is very easy to abuse and people will abuse it.
March 10, 2022 03:25PM
Donald Trump - Big Lie. You're not from around here. Good Bye
March 10, 2022 04:48PM
@LeapinGuy I don't understand what Donald Trump has to do with the issue with your challenge-idea. :)
March 10, 2022 04:52PM
@Pleu - Can you stay positive and stop this exchange
March 10, 2022 05:00PM
vogelbird Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Pleu - Can you stay positive and stop this
> exchange

Well, I'm sorry for trying to understand what OP is trying to say.
March 10, 2022 04:01PM
"I have no idea what 2.12.14 is but it may need a review."

Please go to the hiding guidelines 2.12
5. Standard for Criteria
Criteria may not be for a negative achievement such as DNF logs.
14. Positive Challenge Criteria
Challenge criteria must be positive and require that a geocaching goal be achieved.

If you like to appeal or get clarification you can use "6.15. Submit an appeal" of the hiding guidelines

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2022 04:03PM by vogelbird. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login