Advanced

Re: GCA0H96 The Lackey Challenge

[Cancelled] GCA0H96 The Lackey Challenge
October 04, 2022 12:31PM
I searched with the keyword "lackey" but nothing came up.

I would like to create a challenge for having logged 5 Lackey name badges and/or swapping cards. The trackable codes are all within the "GS" range. Is assume these are named ranges, so it would be feasible to use that named range for a checker.

Thanks in advance,
Merino

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2022 12:40PM by Merino. (view changes)
October 04, 2022 01:50PM
I'm sorry but your challenge criteria is not allowed

Please read https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#criteria

Not acceptable
These cache page elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer, or cache page text.
October 04, 2022 02:07PM
Even if this were allowed it’s about discovering Trackables so not even possible with CCs.
October 04, 2022 02:19PM
There is no reference to the cache page elements mentioned there, no trackable log text is referred to and the information is readily available on GC.com

If it is not allowed to use trackables in challenges, why are there such challenges around? I see some in Germany and in the U.S. by simply entering "challenge" and "TB" in a search.

Just trying to understand.
October 04, 2022 02:22PM
They're grandfathered. Same with the ones requiring Waymarking/Benchmarking statistics. These are definitely no longer allowed by the Challenge Cache Guidelines:

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 10: Source of Criteria

NOT ACCEPTABLE
Trackable, Benchmarking, Waymarking logs, or specifying Lab Cache finds.
October 04, 2022 02:40PM
Thanks for enlightening me. Apparently creativity is dead, everything has to be like what exists already, baloney and baloney alone. Too bad, this will not only be my last attempt for a challenge, I will also remove my existing ones. If it's baloney that Groundspeak wants, it's baloney they get.
October 04, 2022 11:19PM
You're just punishing your local community by removing your already published challenges, Geocaching HQ don't get punished by that. It's definitely still possible to be creative, it's just harder and requires that you actually read the guidelines and work within them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login