Advanced

[Awaiting feedback] GCA38CF - Decade Old Streak

[Awaiting feedback] GCA38CF - Decade Old Streak
January 22, 2023 11:25PM
I would like an updated checker for this challenge as I tried to clone it from one out west but it is giving me issues. No luck contacting the original person who designed the checker so hoping a new one will work.

The challenge is to find a cache for 12 months in a row, starting at anytime and can overlap into the next year. The caches you find must be 10 years old as placed on the day you find them. All previous finds count so many may have completed this challenge already without knowing.

New cachers have an advantage as they likely have not cached out their home area yet.

So if I was to find a cache today, Jan 22, 2023 the cache would need to have been placed on or prior to Jan 22, 2013
Re: GCA38CF - Decade Old Streak
January 23, 2023 12:08AM
I doubt that this is publishable under the current Challenge Cache Guidelines:

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 9: Time-Limited

NOT ACCEPTABLE
Specifying any element of a cache page (type, rating, etc.) or find count (above one per day) required during a streak.

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 10: Source of Criteria

NOT ACCEPTABLE
Restricting finds to caches published prior to a particular date.
January 23, 2023 12:21AM
OK.

I can see how Section 10 - Source of Criteria would halt this challenge so that stops it dead.

I am not however clear how Section 9: Time-Limited would apply for a streak as this would only require one cache per month, not even one per day.

Thanks for the feedback.

Skyecat
January 23, 2023 12:28AM
Skyecat
I am not however clear how Section 9: Time-Limited would apply for a streak

Well, you called it a "Decade Old Streak", so the guidelines related to streaks are going to apply.

Even still, just because it's not one per day, it doesn't make it not a streak: you're needing to keep up a certain activity, every month, for a period of time.

However, myself (nor any of the volunteers here) are Reviewers. If you chat with your local Reviewer team and gain approval, we're happy to make a checker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2023 12:29AM by Hügh. (view changes)
February 28, 2023 02:12PM
This thread has not received any further feedback and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login