Advanced

Re: Changes in Latitude/Longitude

[Awaiting feedback] Changes in Latitude/Longitude
February 16, 2023 02:54AM
Good Evening -

I am looking for three different challenge checkers that all do the same thing. Just with a greater degree of difficulty. The stat that I am specifically looking at is the degrees portion of latitude and longitude. The minutes would be irrelevant. The challenge would be to find 100, 250, & 500 different latitude and longitude combinations. By my calculations there should in theory be 32,400 different combinations. Although once you get to the poles it would be interesting. Anyway.

For the output, would it be possible to include a map of the world with green and red boxes depending on whether or not you have found a cache in that latitude/longitude combo?

GCA4XXT - 100 latitude/longitude combos
GCA4XXW - 250 latitude/longitude combos
GCA4XXY - 500 latitude/longitude combos

-Boreal Walker
February 16, 2023 03:02AM
Unfortunately, this challenge is not publishable under the current Challenge Cache Guidelines:

Challenge Cache Guidelines - Section 10: Source of Criteria

NOT ACCEPTABLE
Challenges based on geographic areas other than countries, states/provinces, counties (or their local equivalent). Examples: user-defined mapping polygons, latitude/longitude, radius, etc.
February 17, 2023 03:54PM
Is it still possible to have a latitude/longitude red/green map made anyway without an associated challenge? This is one of those random things I like playing with.
February 17, 2023 05:15PM
There is only a written output possible see https://project-gc.com/Challenges//75301
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login