Advanced

Re: Checker request

[Awaiting feedback] Checker request
May 21, 2023 11:01AM
https://coord.info/GCA5VH1

Hello,
I have this (published) cache and would like a checker for it.
The checker is supposed to check if the person has found all the needed caches. You always need to find one or two caches for each letter.

A: GC9WN4V GC9WE7N
B: GC9QKJD GC9TZVJ
C: GC9V29Z GC9QGQ1
D: GC9NVDK GC9T1Q5

I would like the cheker to tell me wich caches the person has found for each letter. so an out put table would be nice (see below) that shows wich caches the person has found. If the person has found one or more caches for each letter then a message should show below: " Du darfst den Cache loggen. "

Found:
A: GC9WN4V
B: GC9QKJD
C: GC9QGQ1
D:

Not found:
A: GC9WE7N
B: GC9TZVJ
C: GC9V29Z
D: GC9NVDK GC9T1Q5

Thank you in advance,
Cat0001
May 21, 2023 03:12PM
I'm not sure how you got this cache published, as it violates the guidelines (#10. Source of criteria).

Challenges based on words or letters. Examples: use the first letter of regions of found caches to spell a word, find caches with attributes that begin with a certain letter, find caches in counties with the same name.

Challenges are supposed to have checkers in place before they are published. It also doesn't have 'Challenge' in the name or the challenge attribute. If you're trying to make an 'optional' challenge (see https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=951), then it's not allowed to have a checker, and also shouldn't be a mystery type.
May 22, 2023 02:32PM
Hello,

This mystery is not a challenge. It is a Bonus. I only want a checker for personal use to make things easier for me and others. I only want a checker to make sure people aren´t getting the coordinates from others. I can also do this manualy but it takes longer than it would with a personal checker
May 22, 2023 07:29PM
cat0001 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
>
> This mystery is not a challenge. It is a Bonus. I
> only want a checker for personal use to make
> things easier for me and others. I only want a
> checker to make sure people aren´t getting the
> coordinates from others. I can also do this
> manualy but it takes longer than it would with a
> personal checker

Demanding that people have logged the caches to get the coordinates for the bonus is an ALR and it is not something you are allowed to delete a log over. Because of this there is no reason to check this or to make a checker for this.
May 23, 2023 03:27PM
Hello,
I do unterstand what you mean but many people already found the necessary caches before the bonus came out and don´t want to go looking for them again. I can understand most people don´t want to visit my caches twice so I am okay with sending the letters that people deserve but I need a way of checking this. This is why i want this checker actuall.
I know that contacting the owner to be able to find a cache is not alowed but this is not necessary because everyone can visit the caches twice.
I hope you can make me a checker anyway.
May 23, 2023 04:10PM
An easier solution for this is that you add the caches to a virtual GPS or a Bookmark list and use it as a filter with the MapCompare to check which caches people have found. Or that you just request that people send links to their found it logs if they want to get the coordinates for the bonus.
May 28, 2023 08:48AM
Why can´t I get a checker?
I know it is not a challenge but it still would be usefull. And if I get one then people can check how many caches they need to find (as an optional tool) . It would be very nice. Please do make one, I won´t use it in a bad way.
May 28, 2023 09:03AM
Per the guidelines it's not allowed to have a challenge checker for a non-challenge cache.
May 24, 2023 07:44AM
An easier solution for this is that you add the caches to a virtual GPS or a Bookmark list and use it as a filter with the MapCompare to check which caches people have found
Sorry I am Not Premium and I don't know how to do this.
Sending logs is an Option but I habe to Go into each Link.
A Checker would be much more easier for me and reliable.
May 24, 2023 07:45AM
"An easier solution for this is that you add the caches to a virtual GPS or a Bookmark list and use it as a filter with the MapCompare to check which caches people have found."
Sorry I am Not Premium and I don't know how to do this.
Sending logs is an Option but I habe to Go into each Link.
A Checker would be much more easier for me and reliable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login