Advanced

Re: GC3K8D4 - Color Wheel - could use a Checker

[Awaiting feedback] GC3K8D4 - Color Wheel - could use a Checker
March 24, 2024 04:23PM
https://coord.info/GC3K8D4

How about this which if you get the green check mark you definitely qualify? You could still qualify without getting the green check mark by using foreign words such as blanc, not whole words such as reddish, greener, etc. and some other not common colors (and debatable) colors like "wine" or "berry".

1. 3 caches with COLOR in the title

2. 7 caches with any of these colors (warm spectrum) in the title:
red, yellow, orange, amber, vermilion (or vermillion), pink

3. 7 caches with any of these colors (cool spectrum) in the title:
blue, green, olive, purple, violet, indigo, turquoise, aquamarine

4. 7 caches with any of these colors (neutral spectrum or metallic) in the title:
black, white, grey (or grey), beige, gold, golden, silver, copper, bronze

5. All 24 caches must be from a different CO.
March 25, 2024 05:57PM
I resist writing checkers that won't give a definitive yes-or-no. Giving a false positive is much worse than a false-negative, because then you get people logging a cache which they don't qualify for, and that could (should?) upset the CO. Conversely, it'd be a shame to tell loggers they don't qualify, when they do.

This cache in particular is difficult, because it says you can count adjectives applied to the color and that counts as a different color. In this case, the best thing to do is probably write an unassociated checker, and post a note for it on the cache page (I've done this before). Alternatively, it's not that hard to just search your finds for colors and do the qualifiers yourself. There's a cache in my area that's similar to this one (color names), and it's one of the only ones in my province that doesn't have a checker... and that's what I did.
April 15, 2024 05:47PM
This thread has not received any further feedback and will therefor be moved to ARCHIVE Checker requests (impossible). Should the requester have any queries he can raise his question on this thread in the archived section,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login