Advanced

Re: Challenge checker request for GCAP637

[Cancelled] Re: Challenge checker request for GCAP637
April 12, 2024 01:59AM
Could we please have a challenge checker created for our new challenge cache: “Gopher Two” Gopher Tortoise Challenge:

Requirements: find at least two caches of any type (excluding adventure labs) in each of the following states for a grand total of at least 12 finds:
Louisiana
Mississippi
Alabama
Florida
Georgia
South Carolina

Thanks a bunch.
Scooby Patrol
April 12, 2024 03:39AM
Hi there -

You can use:
https://project-gc.com/Challenges/GCAP637/87269

However, the checker indicates you've only found one type (Unknown) in Mississippi. You must pass your own challenge for it to be published. Let us know if you'd like to adjust the configuration.
April 12, 2024 12:55PM
I think you might misunderstand the challenge. No where did I state in th description that an unknown cache or even two different types of caches needed to be found in each state. All is says is thst you must find two caches of any type excluding adventure labs in each of the required states …..for instance you can find two traditionals ….two virtuals…..attend two events …..attend an event and find a traditional …..find an unknown and a letterbox…..etc etc. so as the submitting memeber, Scooby Patrol does indeed qualify for this challenge so could you please create a checker? Thank you.

Our current finds for each required state are and again this meets the requirements for this cache:
Louisiana 23
Mississippi 2
Alabama 3
Florida 5,309
Georgia 476
South Carolina 3

Scooby Patrol
April 13, 2024 02:31PM
My mistake, should be fixed now.
April 17, 2024 06:05PM
Could you please reactivate this checker or create a new one. The one on the current cache page has an error message for cachers trying to use it and I have had to disable the cache.

Thanks for your help in letting me know what I need to do.

Scooby Patrol
April 17, 2024 06:34PM
You need to add the challenge attribute to the cache page before the checker is enabled. This does not need to be done by the reviewer, you as the CO should be able to add it on your own (and should have done so before sending it in for review).
April 17, 2024 09:38PM
It has already been added and the checker still reads error. Could you once again please advise. I cannot re-enable the cache until the checker you created for me works.

Thanks again
April 17, 2024 09:42PM
Do I just need to have a new checker made? I am a bit confused here.
April 17, 2024 09:48PM
bmuzzin who made the checker will reenable the checker when they see this post. The easiest way to make sure this is done is usually to send a message to the tagger directly.
April 17, 2024 10:12PM
Thank you….I will wait patiently to hear back again.
Scooby
April 18, 2024 12:37AM
The confusion has been resolved.
April 18, 2024 01:24AM
I have received abusive messages from this person from the beginning of their messages from the very beginning. This has been completely mishandled by them and I would like to file a formal complaint and know exactly why the checker has been so callously removed. I would have accepted a simple apology from them regarding their behavior in the forum but that could not be provided. Instead just this reaction. Where do I go from here?
April 18, 2024 01:12AM
I am getting abusive messages from Scooby Patrol. I am reporting them to HQ, and would suggest nobody write them anymore checkers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login