Advanced

[Cancelled] GC747V9: Find 50 Caches Hidden By Another Cacher

[Cancelled] GC747V9: Find 50 Caches Hidden By Another Cacher
April 19, 2017 05:45PM
Hello - I am writing to request a challenge checker for a challenge cache requiring people to find fifty or more caches hidden by another cacher. I currently meet this challenge; if you check my project-gc stats, I have found 768 caches hidden by King Boreas. The GC code for my challenge is GC747V9. This will be a new challenge. Thank you for your assistance.
Re: GC747V9: Find 50 Caches Hidden By Another Cacher
April 19, 2017 06:00PM
I'm sorry but under the new guidelines we can not use a cache owner as the source of the challenge

This falls under http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206#criteria
10. Source of Criteria - Not Acceptable
These listing elements: cache titles, cache owner, GC Codes, publishing Reviewer or listing text. (new 2016)
April 19, 2017 06:22PM
Dang, you are right. I can see why they might prohibit challenges based on specific cache owners, since that cache owner might stop caching, archive all of his or her caches, and the challenge would become impossible. But it seems like if it's based on any possible cache owner (like the one I requested), that wouldn't be a factor. Is there a process where I can request that that rule be changed? I do like the ability to focus in on specific cachers, and enjoy challenges that make me do that. It highlights the social side of geocaching and gives you appreciation for different cache hiders' styles.
April 19, 2017 06:52PM
The rules are set by Groundspeak and PGC has no influence on that
April 19, 2017 07:14PM
I know; I was just wondering if Groundspeak was still taking input on what to do with challenges. Thought people here might know.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login