Advanced

Re: pyramid of cache types in one year

[Resolved] pyramid of cache types in one year
June 07, 2017 10:17PM
Hi,
I would need a checker for the following type of challenge:

Triangle challenge of different cache types, i.e. within given period (e.g. one month or one year) find:
1 cache of one type
2 caches of different type
3 caches of another type
6 caches of sixth type

Pyramid challenge of different cache types, i.e. within given period (same as above) find:
1 cache of one type
3 caches of different type
6 caches of another type
10 ...
28 caches of seventh type
(possibly with varying depth/height of the pyramid)

Does such a checker already exist? Can someone tell me how to make a new checker for this purpose?

Best
Mi(chael)
June 08, 2017 12:11AM
Restricting finds to a time period is not allowed under guideline 9: https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206#timeLimited

There is a script which can handle the different thresholds of how many finds per type.
June 08, 2017 04:50AM
Thanks for the quick reply. So if I do not restrict the time period for the finds, what script do I have to use as challenge checker and what are the adjustable parameters for my challenge?
June 08, 2017 05:03AM
You are unlikely to be tagging the script yourself. Please create the listing and post the GC code and the specific requirements here. One of us will then tag the "At least n caches of specific cachetypes(by hampf)" script.
July 10, 2017 06:47PM
What is the situation with this checker, is the challenge going to be published or can it be cancelled?
July 10, 2017 08:30PM
Hi, the request is still valid, but since I have been busy during the last couple of weeks I had no chance to hide the actual container and thus submission is on hold.

To clarify the planned challenge is asking geocachers to have a 7-stories square pyramid of finds in distinct categories, i.e. at least 1,4,9,16,25,36,49 caches in 7 different cache types, which could be for example:

1 Webcam, 4 CITO, 9 Earth, 16 Events, 25 Multi, 36 Virtuals, 49 Traditionals or
1 Mega, 4 Virtuals, 9 Letterbox, 16 Traditionals, 25 Earth, 36 Multi, 49 Puzzle etc.

The listing has already been created. GC-code is: GC78PD3, title: "DesafĂ­o piramidal (Challenge)" and approximate coordinates of the hide should be somewhere around S 33 23.300 W 070 36.100

Best
Mi(chael)
July 10, 2017 08:37PM
July 10, 2017 08:45PM
Perfect, works like a charm!

I just included the link in the listing and as soon as I get a chance to hide the container I will submit the listing. Thanks a lot.

Best
Mi(chael)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login